Author Topic: Enough is Enough!  (Read 4325 times)

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #135 on: August 28, 2003, 01:59:42 PM »
Bohdi, you are so full of yourself and void of intelligent reason that I shall no longer bother myself with your nonsense.  You are a very narrow minded individual who can only see his own side of any discussion and obviously you will never consider that there might be long term effects to an issue you haven't considered.

One thing I will clarify for you though:

(guess you don't get outta the burbs much eh sport?),
[/b]

For the record:

I grew up in the Gary Indiana area, spent plenty of years in the area of Chicago's south side. I know first hand about inner city decline (and rebirth)

I lived in Saudi Arabia in the 80s, where religion is mixed completely with government and I saw what narrow minded fanatics are like and the dangers the pose. (think Religious Police).

In the last 3 years I have:

*  been to over 45 cities in the USA (most all large or pretty decent size cities.

* been to 9 differant countries, including several in Asia, several in Europe and one in Africa.

Now, I am sure your being so astute and able to cast assumptions around regarding others, there is no doubt you are more traveled and worldly than me, but I have had a glimpse or two of our society and others.

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #136 on: August 28, 2003, 02:18:18 PM »
Originally posted by Urchin
Eagler, the "kids" are making an argument that is just as good as yours.

It's is just not the correct one :)

what's really good about this entire thing is that something so trival (in the big picture) actually makes National/World news night after night.  Brings to the forefront the fact we really don't have to much to ***** about these days...
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #137 on: August 28, 2003, 07:21:08 PM »
Originally posted by Dago
Bohdi, you are so full of yourself and void of intelligent reason that I shall no longer bother myself with your nonsense.  You are a very narrow minded individual who can only see his own side of any discussion and obviously you will never consider that there might be long term effects to an issue you haven't considered.

One thing I will clarify for you though:

For the record:

I grew up in the Gary Indiana area, spent plenty of years in the area of Chicago's south side. I know first hand about inner city decline (and rebirth)

I lived in Saudi Arabia in the 80s, where religion is mixed completely with government and I saw what narrow minded fanatics are like and the dangers the pose. (think Religious Police).

In the last 3 years I have:

*  been to over 45 cities in the USA (most all large or pretty decent size cities.

* been to 9 differant countries, including several in Asia, several in Europe and one in Africa.

Now, I am sure your being so astute and able to cast assumptions around regarding others, there is no doubt you are more traveled and worldly than me, but I have had a glimpse or two of our society and others.

dago

Dago,

Again, explaing to me who is "full of himself"?  Your march yourself in here and come off as though you are so intellectually superior and then have the gall to call me a know-it-all.  Get a grip, your Zoloft has apparently worn off, as your social anxiety is apparently kicked in with this attempt at trying to impress me.  

Your ability at taking a stance based on a warped comprehension of statements is astounding, maybe for a grand finalie you can accuse me of advocating a new "final solution' while your at it.

For the record, dip*****, I never said my way was the only way, just that I was frustrated and felt the situation in ALabama and the rest of this country to be getting out of hand.  It is my belief, and apparently one shared by quite a few (concerning Alabama) as the CNN gallop poll showed 4 of 5 to be in favor of not removing the monument.  So, before you try your "better than you" attitude with us again, read up on what you are talking about...

And as for your worldly travels, what is that a flipping contest?  It means absolutely squat.  Further more, as you obviously can not discern the meanings of what is stated in writing, it is highly doubtful you learned a damn thing in your travels, except how to ***** about "others" opinions.  

So, do wahtever it is the high and mighty like you do, but learn basic reading comprehension before you come back to this board.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #138 on: August 28, 2003, 08:27:35 PM »
Wow nice Christian attitude you there. The sad thing is its typical of most of umm.

Is there any wonder folks dont want our government linked to your belief system?

So much for your own "moral fiber".

As for the Nations moral fiber 60 years ago you may want to remove your blinders and take a real look.

For the lilly white bourgeoisie things were great but thats hardly typical of the nation as a whole.

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #139 on: August 28, 2003, 08:42:13 PM »
My opinion....

Religion and god are just tools mankind uses to control. before there were laws there was the fear of god to keep people in line.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #140 on: August 28, 2003, 08:52:58 PM »
There is no more personal relationship than one has with a higher being that they may hold in spiritual guidance.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #141 on: August 28, 2003, 09:57:27 PM »
nice of you to say about me DiabloTX.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #142 on: August 28, 2003, 11:50:49 PM »
"CNN gallop poll showed 4 of 5 to be in favor of not removing the monument."

4 out of 5 christians? And polls that mean nothing when you don't want them too?

BTW 8 of 8 judges polled chose to remove it.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #143 on: August 29, 2003, 06:34:29 AM »
6pence,

How can you construe a Gallop Poll with being partial as only Christians?  Get a clue and then come back ok...
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #144 on: August 29, 2003, 07:08:41 AM »
Originally posted by DiabloTX
There is no more personal relationship than one has with a higher being that they may hold in spiritual guidance.

Bit worrying when the "higher being" manifests itself  in voices...over here we call it schizophrenia and give them lots of drugs followed by strait jackets if so required....

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #145 on: August 29, 2003, 07:54:35 AM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
6pence,

How can you construe a Gallop Poll with being partial as only Christians?  Get a clue and then come back ok...

:confused:  Who did they ask? What % of the population is christian?

Me get a clue? wow

You tell us we are making the wrong argument, yet the supreme court says we are making the right one. I bow to you, your almightyness.

"Most people's recollection of the ten commandments centers on the "thou shalt not" requirements: to not murder, steal, commit adultery, lie in court, covet the neighbor's slaves or wife, etc. Many feel that these rules are near universal, are followed by adherents of all religions, and are a useful standard to use in life. Thus the posting of the ten commandments may be viewed as an innocuous decision that should offend nobody. They may elevate the readers' spirituality and inspire them to act in a more ethical manner. But the "thou shalt not" element of the ten commandments is only part of the picture. There is also a purely theological component that people may overlook: the instruction to not having other Gods before one, not making graven images, not bowing down or serving other Gods. By posting the Ten Commandments, a government or school is in effect telling its citizens and students that the God of the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament) is the only valid God, and that the Gods and Goddesses of Buddhism, Hinduism, Sikhism, Wicca and hundreds of other religions are not valid. The implication is that they are inferior deities and, by government decree, not to be worshipped. By posting the ten commandments, the government is making a strong statement against religious tolerance, and is taking a major step towards establishing an official state religion."
« Last Edit: August 29, 2003, 08:09:19 AM by Sixpence »
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #146 on: August 29, 2003, 08:48:42 AM »
Originally posted by _Schadenfreude_
and give them lots of drugs...

All too often the wrong answer to many, many problems today.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #147 on: August 29, 2003, 09:01:29 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
It's is just not the correct one :)

what's really good about this entire thing is that something so trival (in the big picture) actually makes National/World news night after night.  Brings to the forefront the fact we really don't have to much to ***** about these days...

IMHO, it's never trivial when the Constitution is challenged.
sand

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #148 on: August 29, 2003, 09:21:33 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM
IMHO, it's never trivial when the Constitution is challenged.

rather have this argument than watching fireman on the tele dig through US rubble for bodies of latest terror vicitims ... that -"IMHO" - makes this trival
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #149 on: August 29, 2003, 09:31:16 AM »
Originally posted by DiabloTX
All too often the wrong answer to many, many problems today.

Have you ever seen so many advertisements on TV about so many different medications? Pretty soon everyone will be taking some kind of medication.

I feel a new thread coming!