Author Topic: Mail Box..  (Read 378 times)

Offline nuchpatrick

• Silver Member
      • http://www.361stvfg.com
Mail Box..
« on: August 28, 2003, 11:03:44 AM »
This was posted in the Miata forum.. true story..but Good laugh!

I got up to get the paper at about 5:30 this morning and noticed my mailbos post completely out of the ground and in the middle of the Cul-Du-Sac.

First reaction was, damn, I just repainted it and had just put a new box on it as well. I picked it up and dragged it to my yard (it's a 8x8 post of pressue treated lumber ans very subsantial). I live at the end of the Cul-Du-Sac and was wondering how it got pushed that way.

I have a funky curve to drive way, and if you aren't careful, you can hit the post. I looked at the grass, and noticed tire marks. Sur enough, someone had come into my driveway late at night and backed up with plenty of force to uproot that post.

I went in and got a cup of coffe, and something in my groggy head told me to go back out and look again.

Sure enough...OTM was missing. Gone was my wifes 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander. I live in a safe neighborhood, but it seems we have been the target of professional car thieves recently. Well the bone-head who stole it should have realized, they haven't sold a whole lot of that nodel and the market for parts will probably be small.
Also, way to go ace on driving over my freshly painted post with the week old $15 mailbox. I bet that left a mark on the bumper.

My wife thinks it's funny that I was more POed about the mailbox than her car. I told her she can get another car, but have you priced treated lumber lately?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Mail Box..
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2003, 11:05:43 AM »
Sorry to hear about your loss! (Ever consider the Porsche Cayenne? JUST KIDDING! :D)

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
Mail Box..
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2003, 11:19:01 AM »
People never believe me when I tell them that 8,000 cars are stolen in Columbus every year, and that doesn't include the suburbs.  That's nearly one an hour.

Offline nuchpatrick

• Silver Member
Mail Box..
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2003, 11:43:53 AM »
Oh not my loss... Rip.  This was someone else loss.  But a good laugh that the guy was more pissed about his mail box then his wife's new car.

And damn.. what is it with everyone trying to get me a wife.  :D   I don't want one!!!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Mail Box..
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2003, 11:46:54 AM »
Originally posted by nuchpatrick
Oh not my loss... Rip.  This was someone else loss.  But a good laugh that the guy was more pissed about his mail box then his wife's new car.

And damn.. what is it with everyone trying to get me a wife.  :D   I don't want one!!!

D'oh! Speed reading again. :)

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Mail Box..
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2003, 12:20:32 PM »
Cool, now he can get a Forester XT.  :)

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Mail Box..
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2003, 12:38:53 PM »
Hehehe... when my Acura was stolent my wife went out to warm it up while I was in the shower and didn't see it in the driveway.  She came in and asked me "where'd you park the car?"  I went out and looked at the driveway and there was no car there (Nah... it couldn't have been stolen - it had an alarm).  I looked up and down the street and didn't see the car (Nah... it couldn't have been stolen - it had an alarm).  I went back inside then walked back out to the driveway and looked all the way into the backyard (Crap... my car has been stolen).

MiniD

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
Mail Box..
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2003, 01:16:12 PM »
Mine was stolen at a Jiffy Lube.  They finished changing the oil, pulled it out, left it running and gave me the paperwork to pay for it.  Zoom!  Gone before I finished.  The kicker is that the brilliant thief had just submitted an application for employment at the Jiffy Lube, and one of the guys working there knew her.  I called the police, got the App, called the number on it(her Mom), and told her what her ignorant **** of a daughter had just done.  Gave the Cops the info and the App, including the correct address for this rocket scientist of a thief, and it still took 2 weeks for them to get my truck.

Stole all my chit, of course and used my ashtray(which REALLY pissed me off), but they didn't do any serious damage, and they left the only thing I really cared about, my daily (work) diary-my little red brain, as I call it.  Jiffy lube did not want to pay for the stuff in the car until I sicc'ed a lawyer on em.  How stupid is that?

P.S. as an aside, when this happened, the Regional and District Managers for Jiffy Lube were at the store!  Poor store Manager, eh? I made the regional Manager give me a ride home(30 miles), and stop on the way to line up a rental car for me.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Mail Box..
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2003, 01:29:18 PM »
Originally posted by Gadfly
Mine was stolen at a Jiffy Lube.  They finished changing the oil, pulled it out, left it running and gave me the paperwork to pay for it.  Zoom!  Gone before I finished.  The kicker is that the brilliant thief had just submitted an application for employment at the Jiffy Lube, and one of the guys working there knew her.  I called the police, got the App, called the number on it(her Mom), and told her what her daughter had just done.  Gave the Cops the info and the App, including the correct address for this rocket scientist of a thief, and it still took 2 weeks for them to get my truck.

If you had the address, you could've gotten it yourself, probably even made the manager take you there.  Might even have beaten her home and dished out some frontier justice.

I'm surprised a chick would steal a truck.  Usually its dudes.

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
Mail Box..
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2003, 01:40:44 PM »
The cops "suggested" that I better not do that, because you can bet that that is what I planned to do.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Mail Box..
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2003, 02:09:58 PM »
hu ?
You all spell "cul de sac" cul-du-sac ?

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Mail Box..
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2003, 02:51:31 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
D'oh! Speed reading again. :)

Can't read, can't hear movies...dang...I suppose you're gonna loose your hair next?  Oh wait....  :p :eek:

Might be time to update that will  

:cool:

Offline nuchpatrick

• Silver Member
Mail Box..
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2003, 02:59:35 PM »
Originally posted by LePaul
Can't read, can't hear movies...dang...I suppose you're gonna loose your hair next?  Oh wait....  :p :eek:

Might be time to update that will  

:cool:

I'll take dib's on the ford pickup::gags:: I need something to pull the boat with.

I'm tired of our company's Explorer Sport-Track.