Author Topic: physics flaw in AH?  (Read 1950 times)

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
physics flaw in AH?
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2003, 07:39:45 PM »
But what happens after it noses up?

Does it hover and land on the tail like a helicopter like in AH? Or does it nose up and then tumble around?

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
physics flaw in AH?
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2003, 08:34:50 PM »
This is a good question.  would the plane do the same thing every time it loses its tail.  It seems to me, after the tail is gone, the plane would yaw and lift for sure, since the rudders and elevators are the only things controling these movements anyway.  The pilot may be able to roll for a cupple of seconds, but intuitively, i think HTC has got this one pretty close.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
physics flaw in AH?
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2003, 09:17:42 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
This small plane went into a nose dive after losing its tail.
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2002/04/27/1019441314240.html

You failed reading comprehension 101 GS.

This small plane went into a nose dive THEN lost its tail:

As the tail snapped off, the plane whaled on to its back and Crash (Craig Bennett) got pushed up against the windscreen

Sounds to me like the plane was diving, the tail seperated, then the plane flicked into a nose up position while falling and spinng...

Losing his new boot, Dawson hauled himself along the floor as if he was trying to climb a wall while glued to it, using the harness seatbelts as a hand grip. The plane was tilting about 45 degrees, then it would go vertical, then flatten out, then tilt again.

I think you proved yourself wrong ;)

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
physics flaw in AH?
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2003, 10:13:32 PM »
Wouldn't be the first time ;)
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."