Author Topic: Combat Theater saved my son!  (Read 693 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Combat Theater saved my son!
« on: August 29, 2003, 01:04:46 AM »
I came home late from work tonite, around 11PM and headed downstairs to check the e-mail etc.  My son was sitting at his computer having just come out of AH.  I'd only began flying AH again in the last few weeks.  He'd never flown it until joining me this time around.  After a week in the MA he'd become a pork em, capture their bases kinda, win the reset player, much to my disappointment.

NO MORE!  CT saved the day.  I dragged him in this week and now he's headed in on his own.  Tonite he was talking so fast and doing so much hand flying, that I couldn't keep up with his story, but it had lots to do with flying an F4F with references to 'dragging Zekes" and 'shooting em off another F4F's tail" etc etc.  Absoultely no mention of bombers, or porking their bases to get back at em for porking ours, kinda talk.  Gun convergence, and how to best use the Wildcat was what he wanted to know.

So thanks CT, you brought my kid back from the brink of disaster.  If you come across a player named Drewzil, teach him well since there is still hope :)

Dan/Slack
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2003, 02:20:48 AM »
sinister voice of Sweat Jesious, the pagan lord of CT

*Yesss... bring your young to meeeee.....*

They willll learnnn.. to worship meeee....* Ssssss!

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2003, 04:37:22 AM »
Guppy35, how old is he? My son Joonatan (called "Lukkari" in AH) is 19 years old and he likes much more the Combat Theater than Main Arena. I think I have very clever boy, like his father!:D

He has not read much earlier (like the youth nowadays), but now he is visiting in the Library weekly and reading books written for our Finnish aces and Continuation War history: Thank's CT!

He's my wingman, too, and the best one I have had!;)
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2003, 09:17:32 AM »
Old farts should be aware!

New generation OTW!

:D

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2003, 09:22:04 AM »
Hey wet-eared teenager, dry your ear backgrounds first and go to  discuss to some hip-hop-teenager forums!:D

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2003, 09:44:08 AM »
This is so cool.

Sakai
"The P-40B does all the work for you . . ."

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2003, 10:04:51 AM »
Slack?  Will have to remember the new handle :) And your sons too!

All around good news Dan!   to you both. I have a few years before "No. 1" son here is ready to "fly" online so I'll enjoy watching you two for now.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2003, 10:38:13 AM »
kanttori, my son is also 19.  I've been an WW2 aviation junkie a lot longer then there have been flight sims, so he grew up with the books, the aircraft model building etc.  He was a Luftwaffe fanatic early on much to his RAF/USAAF historian father's amazement.  He didn't fly Airwarrior during the years I did, but flew European Airwar.  He hadn't shown much interest in the flight sims the last couple years though so it was fun when he followed me into AH and even better when CT grabbed him away from what I believe are the bad habits taught to survive the MA.

I thought his arms were going to fall off last night, he was handflying so much trying to describe the fight :)

And he's now flying far more then me as he has the time so keep an eye out for him Westy :)

Dan/Slack
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2003, 01:28:51 PM »
"Feel the Power of the Dark Side Young Jagdflieger!"

The view of the terror stricken faces of Allied pilots as you bear down on them in your 190! The THUNDER of the cannons as you fire and the schreeching and tearing of metal as their aircraft is ripped to shreads!

Come share in the devestation! JAGDGESCHWADER 3 "UDET" is recruiting!    ;)
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2003, 09:13:55 PM »
That is pretty cool Guppy! :) My son is 8 and if I could afford the two phone lines and a 2nd account he would be flying with my squad. Hey really enjoys it and wants to fly often.

Oh well, until they have some kind of family plan or they give teachers a significant raise I will be the only one with an account. :)
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2003, 04:44:08 AM »
After a while we everybody have his own son as a wingman. I think it's a very interesting education to them:

HEY SON, HELP ME, CLEAR MY SIX SOOOOOOON!!!! Ouch... too late... :(

Or

Junior, this is an clear order: back to formation immediatly!!! Where are you... where am I??? Hey junior, help me, I'm lost... :confused:

:D :D :D
« Last Edit: September 01, 2003, 04:13:54 PM by kanttori »

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2003, 03:04:40 PM »
i better start procreating.  

maybe not.

Offline kesolei

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2003, 08:18:27 PM »
Originally posted by kanttori
After a while we everybody have his own son as a wingman.

Hey now, don't discount the daughters!

Just, if you do bring a daughter on.. be sure to shout on the public channel every 15 minutes, "HI! THIS IS MY DAUGHTER. SHE'S X YEARS OLD."

Just as a warning. ;)

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2003, 09:11:28 AM »
I think this is a pretty cool trend. In our squad, we have a grandfather-father-son team. If my dad was still around, I'm sure he'd fly with us too.
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.