Author Topic: New Plane Request  (Read 408 times)

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
New Plane Request
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2000, 03:50:00 PM »

Originally posted by Durandal:

you have only 2-3chances to attack bombers in 1 sorty.
 .. Komet ... couldn't shot so many bombers.

The #1 reason that Komet was not effective was that very few pilots survived more then a few sorties - radically new design, corrosive fuels, explosions, uncontrolled engine thrust, unpowered high-speed landing - no chance to abort and circle and no chance to land off the runway at such speed.
 How good is any AH pilot with 10 sorties total?
 Now imagine unlimited supply of Me163 climbing to the bomber altitude in 2-3 minutes, so even if shot down, the same pilot can attack a bomber formation 2-3 times with new planes within 6-7 minutes.
 Me163 piloted by people who had hundreds of training sorties in them.
 Plus the abcence of fear of death in AH will be magnified with Me163 because the bomber will not have much time to shoot him down even during suicidal (for regular plane) 6 attack?
 And it takes a bomber half an hour to get to target? Long boring flight in order to be shot down while 163 guy can have 10 action-filled sorties in the same half an hour?
 I would not fly bombers under those conditions.

Not that I would mind flying Me163 or a Natter off-line or in H2H! That would be great. I just do not think HTC should spend their time on this because they have many other things to do.

Durandal, have you looked at MS Combat Flight Sim and upcoming CFS2? You can create custom planes - flight models, weapons and/or graphics relatively easily for them. It is possible that Me163 is already done and can be found on the net, or some other plane could be modified.

I would much rather see early planes - I15, I16, early Zeros, F4F3, Hurricanes, ets.

miko

Offline Stiglr

• Persona non grata
  • Copper Member
New Plane Request
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2000, 06:22:00 PM »
Revvin, yer absolutely correct.

Gottawin ueberplane dweebs are the bane of all these sims. What they fail to realize is the earlier planes, even though they don't have that -est superlative quality, offer much more to investigate with regard to the battles they fought than any of this "never flew" crap. Half the appeal of these sims is the "this is what it was like in the war" factor. Who *cares* what a Bearcat was like???? (Yeah, I know some of ya do, I was being rhetorical)

Model what was representative first, and then worry about the what-ifs.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
New Plane Request
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2000, 06:33:00 PM »
Though I don't have my WB account open I dearly miss the early war aircraft.  I for one would much perfer to see an "early war" set of aircraft before we use any expermental aircraft. 1939 - 1942... probably my favorite time of the war (as far as aircraft go).
-------------------------
CM, CO, daddog
332nd Flying Mongrels
Snapshots and Check 6!
CM Schedule Event Calendar

The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival.

Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Durandal

New Plane Request
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2000, 08:07:00 PM »
 To Miko2d

Thank you for your reply. Your thinking is quite right.

But I want to say that...there are many on-line sims were created before AH. AirWarriar,FlyingCircus,WarBirds, and so on. These sims features many airplanes,[AW supports vehicles] but they have a same problem; new version,new planes, but nothing changes. Fighters are fighters, Bombers are bombers. There are many tacticses in machine vs machine battle, but the strategy is only one.

I think,these strange special purpose machines would be a little spice of these sims.

And, seems like so many people wants the early war planes for AH, but you know the problem of mixing early planes and later planes in one arena? WB already faced this problem. And IGN tries many solutions for that, Rolling Plane Set or Histrical Arena System, but there are no perfect answer is found yet. The HTC has an answer? Perk system would be a solution for that?

Thanx.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
New Plane Request
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2000, 08:50:00 PM »

Originally posted by RAM:
Exactly , Ripsnort. Noone with a bit of good sense would spend his perk points on a Me163 only to attack a 18K B17...

But I know dozens (including me) that would do just that to kill 35K stratodweebs...

Perk it, but BRING IT!   (Image removed from quote.)

I would.

Originally posted by RAM:
Exactly , Ripsnort. Noone with a bit of good sense... would spend his perk points on a Me163 only to attack a 18K B17...

uh...nevermind  
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline indian

• Copper Member
New Plane Request
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2000, 12:12:00 AM »
Rip you want to move that butt ugly plane to the O Club its too ugly for the planes and vehicles forum. You have to be wasted to like that butt ugly machine.  

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
Indians Home page were links to help pages can be found.
Indian's Homepage

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
New Plane Request
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2000, 12:40:00 AM »
Perk this perk that give me this give me that, I'll be a killer if I get that certain AC I just know it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 waaaaaaaaaaaaa.............

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
New Plane Request
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2000, 03:35:00 AM »
Heh.

I don't want this plane.

Now remove this thread, and make me forget it  

------------------
StSanta
JG54 "Grünherz"

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
New Plane Request
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2000, 07:13:00 AM »
Early planes need to be introduced, this IS suppossed to be a WWII flight simulation is it not? simulating an era that did not centre around 1945 and a load of prototype planes, or should we re-write history and just forget about such minor insignificant battles such as the Battle of Britain, I mean after all it would be boring would'nt it what with no jet engines and prototype missiles, lets rip out those boring early war pages of history and perhaps move some pages back through the history books so you can all have your B52's and F15's in AH! hell lets forget WWII ever happened and make our own war up with plenty of make believe uber dweeb rides...oh but wait its already here...Crimson Skies from Microsoft!