Author Topic: Scoreing bug?  (Read 212 times)

ohganet

Scoreing bug?
« on: November 23, 1999, 08:39:00 AM »
I and anothe guy were ataccking b17.
B17 lost wing by another guys shot and then i gave him and killed buff.

The kill score was mine.

Is this a bug?
I think kill score should be for the player who give the biggest damage to enemy plane.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Scoreing bug?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 1999, 09:17:00 AM »
The kill is awarded to the person who does the most damage.

HiTech

-kier-

Scoreing bug?
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 1999, 09:35:00 AM »
OTOH, this is why you see 4-5 guys chasing wingless planes to the earth, continuing to fire all the way. This is how "kill stealing" happens, and it is something that will annoy score hounds.

I just shoot until I see something pop off, then I roll away. I don't even bother reading the buffer if guys are behind me.  

Offline Thorns

• Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/computerpilot/
Scoreing bug?
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 1999, 08:02:00 PM »
Shooting an enemy's wing off, and watching him start spinning to the ground, should be enough damage.....for a kill?

Offline cars

• Zinc Member
Scoreing bug?
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 1999, 05:06:00 AM »
-kier-,
I used to shoot till I saw something pop off and fly away too, I stay saddled up a little longer now. The other day I sawed the wing off a c205 with a group of 20mm to the wing root. When I looked back to watch him hit the ground he was flying away with wings intact. A while back Jekyll said he saw the wing of the goon I was flying come off after a pass in a Nik, when I checked damage there was only a fuel leak and the wings were intact. It seems what you see on your fe is not always what the other guy sees.

cars

------------------
"Happiness is a belt-fed weapon"

Offline SC-GreyBeard

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.picknowl.com.au/homepages/oneshot/main.htm
Scoreing bug?
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 1999, 07:06:00 AM »
I too have rolled away when seeing stuff fall off only to have the guy come back and kill me. Now I follow to ground unless I see BOTH wings off and the stubs on fire.

------------------
GreyBeard
Flight Commander, Aces High
Skeleton Crew

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
Scoreing bug?
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 1999, 08:54:00 AM »
SC-Greybeard Quote -----
I too have rolled away when seeing stuff fall off only to have the guy come back and kill me. Now I follow to ground unless I see BOTH wings off and the stubs on fire
----- End Quote

cc Greybeard.  

I have had same thing happen to me.  LAY alot of lead on a plane.  See the plane spinning away with parts missing, only to next see it on my six shooting at guess who.

Not sure if it is an FE problem or a Minotaur problem.  I am not saying either problem is negative.  It is just hard, at the moment, to distinguish between the two.  

I am starting to form the opinion that players with faster Internet Connections have some what of an edge.

Mino

[This message has been edited by Minotaur (edited 11-24-1999).]

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
Scoreing bug?
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 1999, 10:46:00 AM »
Shot the tail off of a 205.  Broke off because his buddies were trying to mount me.  No Kill.  Weird!

------------------
Damn Ghostrider!  This bogey is all over me!!
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Scoreing bug?
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 1999, 08:53:00 AM »
He probebly managed a ditch. I have hit spits as they hang in a stall. Nail em with 4 * 20s and 2 * 13s on the zoom i see the vert tail come off and by the time I get sa back from zoom and coming in all cocky for the final kill or watch him burn he has ditched it. More power to him I say. But spits can sure take a beating..
I think its good that you cant be sure unless the wing blows off.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Scoreing bug?
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 1999, 01:21:00 PM »
Hitech: how can someone do more damage than two pure 30mm hits into fighter?
I have few times finished off fighter whos chaser has disengaged good while ago and enemy was still flying pretty fine, then shot couple 30mm, took perhaps vertical stab and other, but got only assist?
Could think I made more damage...
Also one note what I have made, guy with .50 caliber guns has better chances to get kill than guy with cannons even though the one with cannons actually seems to do more damage and kill the enemy.
Usually been like this after someone has shot with .50 caliber and then I've finished target later with 30mm and really done *some* damage.