Author Topic: Artists disapprove of the RIAA methods.  (Read 560 times)

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Artists disapprove of the RIAA methods.
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2003, 10:53:23 AM »
Mathman,

And do the same for every teenager?

Isn't it enough that some of them are giving songs free over the net :D

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2003, 11:19:48 AM »
Originally posted by Fishu
Mathman,

And do the same for every teenager?

Isn't it enough that some of them are giving songs free over the net :D

Then they don't feel all that upset by it, do they?  And yes, I do understand what you are saying, I just find this whole thing (the whole Napster/RIAA Lawsuit/Kazaa/file sharing thing that has been going on for quite some time) to be kind of funny to watch.  Probably due to the fact that I am on the outside looking in.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2003, 11:22:09 AM »
Originally posted by Mathman
If the artists were really that upset about the RIAA getting a $2,000 settlement from a 12 year old girl, they would pony up the cash and give it back to the girl and her family.

they did ... a bunch of people felt sorry for her and tossed it back in the Riaa's face and payed the 2k for her and gave her a bunch of other stuff along with extra $$$  she actually made money from this... (i forgot the link but i just read all about it a day or so ago)Google news search i think

"Why don't the artists just give the music away on the web and make it up through concerts, then? Other than the fact that a big portion of the music being stolen is not currently being performed live, that is."

Mp3.com is a site were you can dl music from artists that want there music heard  instead of controled by the money grubbing Riaa ...    

I agree with the fact that the artists need to get back on the road more and perform live .... (stop relying on the Riaa ect..) to make the money for them ... or are they so untalented that they cant perform live...  (this doesnt apply to all the artists)and is just my opinion.
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline mauser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2003, 11:54:31 AM »
Originally posted by Tarmac
I can't stand most rap either.  But Public Enemy and Run DMC are two groups that I listen to every once in a while, mostly because they have a real message.  They're a part of music history... modern rappers, no matter how big, are just farts in the wind IMO.

Agreed.. I used to listen to Public Enemy a long time ago.  There is definitely a message in their music.  Nice to see Chuck D around.  

Would be better if we could download individual songs legally and let folks who want the inserts buy albums.  The download could be for a small fee, like a dollar or less (a $14 CD doesn't usually have 14 songs... ).  RIAA needs to evolve or die out.

mauser