Author Topic: Yahoo News....More Liberal Media...  (Read 969 times)

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Yahoo News....More Liberal Media...
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2003, 02:37:25 PM »
Originally posted by DiabloTX
That Yahoo search, you have come to this conclusion that its not anit-Bush after only one search?  Watch it for months and you will get a much more realistic picture of their bias.

Yahoo news is where I get my AP and Reuters news every day.  You want me to show you the top AP stories tomorrow too?

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yahoo News....More Liberal Media...
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2003, 02:40:18 PM »
Originally posted by Mickey1992
Yahoo news is where I get my AP and Reuters news every day.  You want me to show you the top AP stories tomorrow too?

I guess if it makes you feel better.  I have been checking it the last 4 years so search away....
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Yahoo News....More Liberal Media...
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2003, 02:46:43 PM »
Appeals Court Delays Calif. Recall Vote  - News(no slant)
East Coast Gears Up for Hurricane Isabel - News(no slant)
U.N. Envoy: Mideast Talks Break Down - News(no slant)
Powell Visits Mass Grave of Iraqi Victims - Right slant
Soldier, Iraq Police Chief Die in Attacks  - Left slant
Saudi Arabian Prison Fire Kills 67 - News(no slant)
Group Predicts Sustained Economic Rebound  - Right slant
Union, DaimlerChrysler Strike Labor Deal - Right slant
Stocks Decline After Economic Reports - Left slant
Man Arrested in Williams' Sister's Death - News(no slant)
Ben Affleck Reportedly Dumps J. Lo - stupid
Israel Backs Off Killing Arafat Option - Left slant (anti Isreal anyway)
Tigers First in 34 Years With 110 Losses - News(no slant)
Industrial Production Moves Up Slightly - Right slant
Motorola, Microsoft Team Up on Cell Phone - News(no slant)
WTO Reeling From Trade Defeat in Cancun - Left slant
Cheney Hints U.S. to Need More Iraq Funds - Left slant
Suspect in Williams Sister Killing Caught - News(no slant)
Ravens' Lewis Runs for Record 295 Yards - Who the heck is this guy?
N.C. Sheriff Charged With Embezzlement - News(no slant)

I score this list

Pro Right - 4
Pro Left - 5
No Slant - 10
Stupid - 1

blue1

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2003, 04:08:32 PM »
It's no use complaining about so called liberal media bias. All media lives off bad news, left or right wing. What about Foxnews? They can't even dig up any good news about Iraq at the moment. I doubt if there is any. The only good news lately is that the administration is looking for help from other countries which will mean America won't have to take the heat alone for much longer. Iraq is a real mess right now with daily guerilla attacks and occasional terrorism. It wasn't supposed to be this way. The way things are going even Foxnews will be 'anti-Bush' fairly soon.

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2003, 07:07:20 PM »
Your right about Iraq.

I mean, we've been there what, about 16 weeks now?

We're way behind schedule. We should have won the war, defeated Terrorism, won the hearts and minds of the Iraqi people, restored all utilites that were neglected for 30 years, intall satellite TV, move in a McDonalds, and set up a Wal mart by now.

Come on guys. 16 freakin' Weeks!

We really have become a people of instant gratification.

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2003, 07:18:23 PM »
We're way behind schedule. We should have won the war, defeated Terrorism, won the hearts and minds of the Iraqi people, restored all utilites that were neglected for 30 years, intall satellite TV, move in a McDonalds, and set up a Wal mart by now

ok, I'll agree with the first sentance.  we are behind schedual, all our people should have been home long ago (and brought our dollars back with them).

other than that

should have skipped the war, it had nothing to do with terrorism, I don't give a rats prettythang about Iraqi hearts or minds,  don't care if their utilities work, or if they see any tv,  McDonalds sells enough burgers as it is, but ok, they can have a wal-mart.

bring back home that $87 billion rubber check, and fix our schools and healthcare

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2003, 07:21:23 PM »
Are we talking about the same liberal media that sold this country on Bush's war?

Is this also the same liberal media that has 80% of the U.S. citizens believing that there were Iraqi terrorists on board the 911 aircraft?

pffft.
sand

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
heard a good line
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2003, 07:45:57 PM »
Americans want everything on a "Sitcom Timeline"

so true
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
Re: heard a good line
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2003, 08:23:44 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
Americans want everything on a "Sitcom Timeline"

so true

So true and so sad.

Apathy, what your spouting would not even qualify as gibberish. Isolationism does not work. We've tried it before.

Carry on.

blue1

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2003, 08:27:06 PM »
I completely agree with you Muckmaw, no seriously I do. It's too soon for everything to back up and running. But it's not so much the concentration span of the average American more the patience of the Iraqis. The situation is getting messier by the day. The Brits are beginning to compare it to Northern Ireland, that went 30 years of low level terrorism even though most people there supported the army or at least didn't support the terrorists. Can the same be said of Iraq?  Every dead American soldier bothers me. More Americans have now died since the war ended than in the war itself. Sure the casualty rate is low compared to almost every war before now. But it will have it's effect on public opinion. Then there's the money, up to $166 billion of taxpayers money. At least that proves America didn't do it for profit. Frankly the so called liberal media has given GWB an easy ride until now. This can't last.

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2003, 09:40:35 PM »
We've tried it before.

when did we try it?

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2003, 03:57:02 AM »
1918-1941
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2003, 04:33:14 AM »
Originally posted by muckmaw
Your right about Iraq.

I mean, we've been there what, about 16 weeks now?

We're way behind schedule. We should have won the war, defeated Terrorism, won the hearts and minds of the Iraqi people, restored all utilites that were neglected for 30 years, intall satellite TV, move in a McDonalds, and set up a Wal mart by now.

Come on guys. 16 freakin' Weeks!

We really have become a people of instant gratification.
Good posts, MuckMAW. :)

I absolutely agree with that last line. Hehe, we even see that attitude in the AH main arena!

The problem is TV. People view the TV as their window on life. They see romances formed and blossom in an afternoon of watching the soaps, and wonder why their own life is not like that. They see beautiful women/handsome men falling in love, and think that's happening everywhere except where they are. They see murder-mysteries solved in 60 minutes (50 actually - 10 minutes for the commercials) and think that's how life really is.

As for liberal, anti-GB news, our own BBC may not be that different. Certainly they don't side with the government, and are fond of pointing out where government policy has gone awry.

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2003, 06:29:52 AM »
Originally posted by DiabloTX
I am sure some journalists can find a good story in Iraq, it just seems to me they just choose not to find one.

"I'm sure pure furballists could find fights in big maps, it just seems to me they're too stupid to find one.. :D

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2003, 07:34:47 AM »
Originally posted by blue1
I completely agree with you Muckmaw, no seriously I do. It's too soon for everything to back up and running. But it's not so much the concentration span of the average American more the patience of the Iraqis. The situation is getting messier by the day. The Brits are beginning to compare it to Northern Ireland, that went 30 years of low level terrorism even though most people there supported the army or at least didn't support the terrorists. Can the same be said of Iraq?  Every dead American soldier bothers me. More Americans have now died since the war ended than in the war itself. Sure the casualty rate is low compared to almost every war before now. But it will have it's effect on public opinion. Then there's the money, up to $166 billion of taxpayers money. At least that proves America didn't do it for profit. Frankly the so called liberal media has given GWB an easy ride until now. This can't last.

What your seeing is the effect of the alarmist Media here. Of course each soldiers death is a tragedy, but we have to put it in context here.  
There are nearly as many casualties daily in non-combat training around the world. More people die everyday on American Highways.

The media loves to compare ANY conflict with Vietnam. Why? It sells newspapers. Compare Iraq with Vietnam, as the media is so fond of doing.

If you tally up the casualties, we're losing about 3 soldiers a day from the start of the conflict until now.

Take Vietnam, over 10 years and your losing 13 soldiers a day. Taks the 6 years of heaviest fighting and we were losing 22 soldiers a day.

Any death is a tragedy, but this is no Vietnam.

Compare what we've done in Iraq to what we did in Vietnam.