Author Topic: They're Talking About Us Again  (Read 3047 times)

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
They're Talking About Us Again
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2003, 11:59:04 PM »
Play what you want, Play what you like,

but don't bash one or the other on each others board.

On the AH side though, atleast they respond to customer service requests, which is more than I can say for WW2Online in 4 tries.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline AKWeav

• Nickel Member
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2003, 09:05:08 AM »
And yes I read here and many other places, It gives a good idea of how people view my product and ideas on what to prioritize to fix.

Hey CRSKiller (if it really is you), ya catch this one? http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93503

I know it's a lengthy thread, but it should provide you with a few priorities.;)  You might also check out ticket 9322.:rolleyes:

edit:
I believe the support forums are open, or were last I checked.

Whoops, I don't believe Killer is who he says he is. First, the support forums are not open. Secondly, wouldn't the head guy know if they were, or were'nt?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2003, 09:12:33 AM by AKWeav »

Offline TigerStolly

• Zinc Member
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2003, 11:41:36 AM »
If any AH guys want to talk to any WWIIOL players and ask questions about WWIIOL just head over to the fourms at Simhq

There are a number of people who post there.  I'd be more than happy to answer any questions.  Its a fairly unknown place so you don't get any of the zealots out to compare apples with oranges.

Now, i've a question of my own ;)

I'm doing the free trial thing in AH right and have a n00b question of my own.

My engine cuts out after around 10 mins of flight.  Its not overheating, and i sure a P51 does not run out of fuel that fast even with a half load.

What is it ?

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2003, 11:47:12 AM »
TigerStolly,

If you're set to 25% fuel it will cut out pretty quick, not sure how fast though.  If you're set to manual fuel managment and you drop your wingtank that's in use, it will make your engine cut out.

I can't think of anything else other than hitting the 'e' key :)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: September 21, 2003, 11:49:57 AM »
Originally posted by TigerStolly
My engine cuts out after around 10 mins of flight.  Its not overheating, and i sure a P51 does not run out of fuel that fast even with a half load.

What is it ?

Bullets tend to shorten the life of any engine dramatically. ;)
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2003, 11:50:36 AM »
Originally posted by TigerStolly

Whenever you fly in AH, keep in mind that there is fuel multiplier in effect and consumes fuel at least twice faster than normal.
Which why you'll hardly ever fly spits, 109s... etc. similar planes without +75% fuel for anything further than airfield point defense.

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2003, 11:52:14 AM »
I really havent the slightest as to WHY that multiplier is in effect..

TigerStolly, what's your ingame callsign? I'de be glad to show you the ropes, but i'm usually on pretty late at night. I'm sure there are others that wouldnt mind givin you some pointers, either. The training forum is also a good place to get answers, lots of helpful people. The training arena kinda sucks, but if you can find callsign 'Ren' in there you'll learn pretty quick.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2003, 11:55:00 AM by Rutilant »

Offline TigerStolly

• Zinc Member
« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2003, 11:55:33 AM »
RTFM eh guys ;)

Anyone care to link me to an online manual or tell me where the offline manual is and i'll go and educate myself :)

edit **

Thats a kind offer.  Once i figure out the comms in AH i'll message you to see if you are around.

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2003, 11:55:50 AM »
« Last Edit: September 21, 2003, 11:58:36 AM by Rutilant »

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2003, 12:04:55 PM »
OH yeah, TigerStolly, my ingame callsign is RUTT. Almost forgot. :)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: September 21, 2003, 12:17:14 PM »
There's no way you're running out of fuel after only ten minutes in the ma in a p51d even at 25% fuel. The only two things that will stop your engine at that point are damage and the 'e' key. Is your engine dying or are you just losing power? Maybe your throttle is drifting?

Offline TigerStolly

• Zinc Member
« Reply #101 on: September 21, 2003, 01:56:30 PM »
Heh well its conking out on me even before i get anywhere near harms way and i'm not hitting the E key.

Its something i'm doing though, some silly newb mistake.  I'm gonna read that manual Rutilant linked for me.

Now i know its not something thats meant to happen i know its something i can do something about right ?

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: September 21, 2003, 02:00:41 PM »
WxMan mentioned in another thread that it might be unintentionally switching fuel off auto. That's a good possibility. You have your stick programmed to do anything with shift f?

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2003, 02:02:56 PM »
Make sure your fuel gauge says A-something.  The A- means it's set to automatic fuel management.  SHF F  is the key to switch fuel tanks and to switch to/from automatic or manual fuel management.  If you managed to hit this once, it would take you off automatic and your engine would shut off once one of your tanks is dry.  Other than that, what everyone else said.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline TigerStolly

• Zinc Member
« Reply #104 on: September 21, 2003, 04:39:37 PM »
Yeah it was the fuel alright.  I just didn't think a P51 would burn fuel so fast.  

Thanks for the help guys !