Author Topic: Good Night to be Flying  (Read 178 times)

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
Good Night to be Flying
« on: November 30, 1999, 10:33:00 PM »
I don't know if this is the appropiate place to post this, so I'll apologize in advance if it isn't.

But I just got done flying tonite for the biscuits vs. the knights down at F5 and F16, and it was one of my best experiences in here to date!

It had it all...dogfights in the canyons, buffs hitting the knights field and calling out there eta's for the little friends to cover, wtg's and good kills exchanged on the radio.  It was truly an enjoyable night to be in Aces High.  (OK..i'll end the touchy, feely crap now, but it was fun)

Tks to those guys who flew good battles on both sides!!

Also, HiTech crew, this is a fine product, I know it is in beta and has alot of tweaking to go, but it felt good to be flying it tonight!

I had fun, and had to post it.

Offline Camel

• Zinc Member
Good Night to be Flying
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 1999, 10:52:00 PM »
Rgr that Cobra,
Good fun tonight, good #'s tween 16 and 5.
I love those canyon fights! You guys owned those canyons  

Camel

------------------
The harder they come, the harder they fall, one and all.

Peter Tosh

Gabby

Good Night to be Flying
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 1999, 11:22:00 PM »
Yea I agree it was a blast! Most fun ive had
,wingin with you guys made the night.

thanks to the 33rd bomber group they really
got there act together <S>

If any of ya start a squadron I'd luv ta
join !  

gabby out.....

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
Good Night to be Flying
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 1999, 07:06:00 AM »
Yes  Corbra, felt so good being shot down by you again!  

It all started right after I logged on.  I looked at 16 which radar showed red dots.  Then Game was calling for help at 16.  I landed and changed to 16.  There was Game alone against B17 and 4 P51s.  Game got two and I helped alittle by damaging one.  We had alittle advantage by being near our own flak.

More P51s came in with a spit.  

Then Camel showed up, then CW, Frosty, Fox29, FISHnCHIP, Game was still there and others.

I got shot down in a HO with Cobra.  Replaned and into canyons.  Where I was flamed again.

Was alot of fun. Flown with all these people before at different times but never in a big group.  It was an experience that keeps you coming back.

It was late for me (11:00 pm) so had to go.

What ever ended up happening.  Any final outcome?

------------------
Damn Ghostrider!  This bogey is all over me!!
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Wimp

Good Night to be Flying
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 1999, 07:24:00 AM »
I guess if I was the one doing all the killing I would say I had a blast to.  

Cobra being new to the La5 you did a very good job with it.

I was trying the P51 (my normal ride is the N1K) and everytime I turned around there was that pesky La5 right on my arse.

Keep up the good work.(only when I fly Bishop of course)

------------------
Dewey

Baby Harp Seals

-kier-

Good Night to be Flying
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 1999, 07:32:00 AM »
cc Cobra!

Wimp and I had a sortie or two with you and your bud. Was fun! I especially enjoyed your first La5 trip... you did pretty well, too. Just tried one loop too many on my Spitfire...  

We both logged off after that though... I was in my "rubber bullet" mode (we call those "Rosco Rounds" in DoA) and I didn't want to deal with it anymore. That is one thing that is frustrating- hammering the hell out of one of you guys for no damage or credit.   No fault of you guys, you did great! I broke even with your bud (though the capricious nature of scoring didn't award me! Floating down in a chute, alive, and can't see the kill in a buffer!). Maybe next time I will be on the other side of it?  

Offline Arrow

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
Good Night to be Flying
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 1999, 04:03:00 PM »
Hey Gabby,  

Thanks for the compliment on the 33rd.    We're having an awesome time with Aces High primarily due to the fact that it's the first sim that we've played where actual tactics used in the Great War work online!

We think that we've licked it.    Most of us have been flying together for around 4 years, so yea... we'd better have it together.    

Again, thanks for the compliment, and also thanks for the scort too.

-Arrow XO 33rd SG

P.S. It's 33rd Strike Group