Author Topic: Allied CVs sent to oblivion  (Read 380 times)

Offline scJazz

• Copper Member
Allied CVs sent to oblivion
« on: September 23, 2003, 12:50:01 PM »
This morning when I logged on I found that everyone of the Allied TFs in Okinawa had been sent to the corners of the map. At the time I logged on Neener and Splurts were the only two players besides myself. Both were on the IJN side of the fight and were actively working on capturing V15 with no resistence.

The milkrunning of a field with no resistance which is a different issue. I find the idea that apparently an IJN player grabbed control of our CVs and sent them on courses that would have had them out of the action deeply offensive.

I hope I am wrong about this, I hope that a USN player moved them out of the fight area when he logged off as the last defender. Sadly, though the position of the TFs does not point to such an event. One of the TFs was within 30 minutes of the spawn point @ 9:30 AM EDT. All other TFs were within a few minutes of starting their courses.

I hope that the player responsible will step forward and declare responsibility for this act but I know this is a pipe dream.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2003, 12:58:31 PM »
Splurts has a rather nasty habit of being an off-hour milk-weenie. Don't bring it up here though because his squadies will get all sorts of offended. :D

Offline Splurts

• Zinc Member
Re: Allied CVs sent to oblivion
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2003, 07:07:19 PM »
Originally posted by scJazz
This morning when I logged on I found that everyone of the Allied TFs in Okinawa had been sent to the corners of the map. At the time I logged on Neener and Splurts were the only two players besides myself. Both were on the IJN side of the fight and were actively working on capturing V15 with no resistence.

The milkrunning of a field with no resistance which is a different issue. I find the idea that apparently an IJN player grabbed control of our CVs and sent them on courses that would have had them out of the action deeply offensive.

I hope I am wrong about this, I hope that a USN player moved them out of the fight area when he logged off as the last defender. Sadly, though the position of the TFs does not point to such an event. One of the TFs was within 30 minutes of the spawn point @ 9:30 AM EDT. All other TFs were within a few minutes of starting their courses.

I hope that the player responsible will step forward and declare responsibility for this act but I know this is a pipe dream.

I'm not sure quite what to say to this.  First of all, I am extreemly offended that you would so openly accuse me of this with absolutely no proof whatsoever other than you saw what had happened and saw a JG-3 online.

Secondly, I don't keep track of what other players do unless their on my 6 or a squad member, so for you to attempt to associate me with random player online in some sort of conspiracy against the USN is just plain ludicrous.

As far as the milkrunning is concerned, you passed some story about admin were the ones that porked the map on us 2 nights ago.  I took 1 base undefended, base 15, so I wouldn't have to fly for 10 to 20 mins just to look for a fight.  If milkrunning didn't happen, the base layout would look very similar from the time I log out around 2am till the time I log in before work at 8am.  This is never the case and both sides do it, both sides are pissed that the other side does it so milkrunning, while underhanded, is a moot point to discuss.  It is either a flaw in game design or an intended feature for those skilled enough to do it *especially on this map*.

Oh....last note....I told you when 5 spawned, if you have proof otherwise, I'd like to see it, otherwise, can it, fly the planes, fix what you can when online and get your 15 bucks worth.

Splurts

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2003, 07:17:10 PM »
"Skilled" off-hour milk reset weenie. :D
« Last Edit: September 23, 2003, 07:23:30 PM by Arlo »

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2003, 07:20:00 PM »
At around 5.A.M. this morning I put TG1 and TG4 in a loop south of A19 area. Tg3 and TG6 were on the east side of the main island. I did notcie Splurts in there aswell. There were about 6 of us total.  I saw no milking and it apeared the Splurts and some guys were fighting a2a between A18 and A20. Maybe a newbie jacked up the fleets.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2003, 07:22:18 PM »
Too bad the logs don't show what players change ship courses when and stuff. My curiousity is kinda perked. What a weenie, whoever. :D
« Last Edit: September 23, 2003, 07:25:27 PM by Arlo »

Offline scJazz

• Copper Member
Re: Re: Allied CVs sent to oblivion
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2003, 08:21:47 PM »
Originally posted by Splurts
I'm not sure quite what to say to this.  First of all, I am extreemly offended that you would so openly accuse me of this with absolutely no proof whatsoever other than you saw what had happened and saw a JG-3 online.

Secondly, I don't keep track of what other players do unless their on my 6 or a squad member, so for you to attempt to associate me with random player online in some sort of conspiracy against the USN is just plain ludicrous.

Go back and read my post. I have not accused you of anything at all regarding the manuvering of the CVs. I stated that when I arrived I saw such and such a condition with the Allied CVs, the list of players online, and a rough time stamp of when the change was made. This morning while talking with you I even pointed out that the idea that someone from JG-3 pulled such a move was a bit insane to me.

Originally posted by Slash27
At around 5.A.M. this morning I put TG1 and TG4 in a loop south of A19 area. Tg3 and TG6 were on the east side of the main island. I did notcie Splurts in there aswell. There were about 6 of us total. I saw no milking and it apeared the Splurts and some guys were fighting a2a between A18 and A20. Maybe a newbie jacked up the fleets.

TFs 1 and 4 were on a course for the deep NW corner of the map. TFs 3 and 6 were on a course for the far NE. Both were well away from the positions mentioned and would have had to have been moving for at least 2.5 hrs to reach the positions I found at 9:30AM EDT. When I arrived the course plots for the TFs indicated that these orders had been given within 30 minutes to be conservative and in reality probably more like 15 minutes. As for a newbie jacking the fleet courses this was far to calculated for that. No someone who knew what they were doing took every Allied fleet and tried to send them to no man's land.

Originally posted by Arlo
Too bad the logs don't show what players change ship courses when and stuff. My curiousity is kinda perked. What a weenie, whoever.

I seriously doubt the logs would show CV control. However, I find it seriously doubtful that the logs do not show LOGON/LOGOFF information.