Author Topic: Joystick Problem Within AH  (Read 240 times)

Offline JavierLQ

• Zinc Member
Joystick Problem Within AH
« on: September 22, 2003, 07:24:27 PM »
HI all,

Please understand this is the first time it has ever happened to me or anyone else i know. Today, when i got home i logged on..hop to a field and get on a plane. I took off...and then i tried to look out my sides..well to my surprise the hat was not working. Tried all my buttons...fire primary, fire secondary, etc that are mapped on my joystick. Nothing worked..and as a matter of fact some were switched!!!

So i decided that the stick mapping might have gotten switched somwhow..so i go in check..but no that is still exacly as i had left it with the right buttons mapped for the keys,however when i wuld try them they would eather not worked or it would do another key. So then proceded to make sure i had right joystick selected..it was...calibrated about 5 times...nothing worked. Logged off and back on....everything is fine now....about 10-15 mins into a flight and the keys all of a sudden get switched again. So i spent the next hour trying to figure out whats wrong...remapping my keys etc, sometimes it woudl work but then switch keys again. As i was getting really frustrated i decided to try one more hting...went into my joystick software and check to make sure everything was selected right..then went on to make a profile for AH with the same keys as i have in the game. Before i had it selected as none...and it never gave me this problem. So after making the profile i go in..works fine...i fly..about 20 mins into the flight same thing happens. I log off and then on and keys are fine. This has me concerned adn i know its not my joystick because i tried it in another game and in the software and everything worked fine. Hopefully this is just like a 1 time thing....just letting you guys know.

I have a sidewinder precision joystick 2 and i have all the current software for it..like i said for everything else it works fine and up until today it also worked fine for AH.
Thanks

FBJavier

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Joystick Problem Within AH
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2003, 03:59:30 AM »
Try to uninstall everything (try using regcleaner if it leaves something behind in reg) and then just install the drivers....not any other software. Then map the joystick ONLY in AH and nowhere else.

It may work

gl :)