Author Topic: Quo Vadis Sea???  (Read 499 times)

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Quo Vadis Sea???
« on: March 30, 2003, 02:09:05 AM »
hi

@Flossy, question to U as head of CM's

Are U notice, last couple months quality of "euro friendly" events lower a bit?
Less persons take part of it.
Looks like CAP go far away from original direction.

What do U think about that ?
Have U idea how to fix it?

with respect
ramzey

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Re: Quo Vadis Sea???
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2003, 04:09:52 AM »
Originally posted by ramzey
Are U notice, last couple months quality of "euro friendly" events lower a bit?
Yes, I am very aware of this, which was largely due to the SquadOps and CAP being suspended during the Niemen scenario - both events suffered badly as a result.  

The SquadOps were suspended because a lot of squads felt they couldn't commit to both events at the same time; however, I think in future they will continue to run regardless of any scenarios as, even if numbers do suffer slightly at these times, the losses are not as great.

The CAP is a bit more difficult, as we have no choice but to suspend it during scenarios.  At the moment, I can't think of a way around this, so am open to suggestions.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline lucull

• Nickel Member
Quo Vadis Sea???
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2003, 07:42:03 AM »
CAP was meant as ongoing event or playing the war again.
There was a homepage with story and stats and registration for medals. Really great ideas!
At the beginning many squads took part and many people joined the event, so we had a lot of fun.

And now?

Where is the homepage?
Where are the stats?
Where are the medals?
Why always change the maps and not stay for atleast 2 frames in one scenario?
Keep the planeset more even.
Why not make a command staff? (this is in work and I hope it will be established soon)
Why you think you have so many problems finding COs, so few squads in it and numbers going down? Well, I think you (CMs) have to be more carefull with the designing of the events. I don't have the skills to make that better, but enough to know that the last frames had problems with this.

I can say, that I had most fun in CAP events some month ago in AH and now it's totally gone. :(

p.s. The log results are porked for the people who care about it ;)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
You need a sticky
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2003, 01:11:07 PM »
I recommend, at a minimum you attach a sticky description to the CAP forum until some of the things lucull listed are addressed.  Swoops two post back on September 2nd and the 7th would be a good place to start but he didn't include the theme of the event lucull only hinted at: WW2 played out over the course of a year in regularly scheduled weekly events.

I had to search the CAP forum to learn what it was.

Thanks to Swoops' posts, I was able to learn walk-ons were welcome, well, maybe every walk-on except me after yesterday :p
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Quo Vadis Sea???
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2003, 09:30:31 PM »
Originally posted by lucull
CAP was meant as ongoing event or playing the war again.
There was a homepage with story and stats and registration for medals. Really great ideas!
At the beginning many squads took part and many people joined the event, so we had a lot of fun.

And now?

Where is the homepage?
Where are the stats?
Where are the medals?
Why always change the maps and not stay for atleast 2 frames in one scenario?
Keep the planeset more even.
Why not make a command staff? (this is in work and I hope it will be established soon)
Why you think you have so many problems finding COs, so few squads in it and numbers going down? Well, I think you (CMs) have to be more carefull with the designing of the events. I don't have the skills to make that better, but enough to know that the last frames had problems with this.

I can say, that I had most fun in CAP events some month ago in AH and now it's totally gone. :(

p.s. The log results are porked for the people who care about it ;)

heh promices;)

so where is special events server, webpages? or i miss something?

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Quo Vadis Sea???
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2003, 02:34:07 AM »
The Events server is being worked on, but with only one person doing all the work (Gremlin) it is going to take a little more time.  There is lots of information to be included on it and as soon as there is something to see, I will post an announcement.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Quo Vadis Sea???
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2003, 11:24:42 AM »
heheheh Flossy its only reminder:) look at dates

Offline Puudeli

• Nickel Member
Quo Vadis Sea???
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2003, 11:47:06 AM »
I wouldn't mind those explanations(sp?) being posted again.
Just found out in last CAP frame that it was about to recreate war,  before it i thought it was just random but historical battles.