Author Topic: News you can use  (Read 1306 times)

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
News you can use
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2003, 02:04:34 AM »
What Mandoble said and BTW, how can we use these news for :D?
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
News you can use
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2003, 03:15:20 AM »
Hey I'm not irked about the delayed release.  Honestly?...  I'm not even remotely excited about this "BIG" release that is mostly eye-candy.  Of course, the flight characterisitc changes (or is it damage model or both??... I'm not sure) sounds like fun, but when you've been flight-simming for the better part of 15yrs... that's no big deal either.  Now... were the "release" to have brought with it bunches of new aircraft (not meaning more models of spits/109's etc) I'd be running at a record whine rate.  Delay a pretty picture... pfffft, big deal.

Hey it's a computer game... betting on a delayed release is about as close to money-in-the-bank as you can get.

AH2 can take another year for all I care.  The recent delay in the release of LOMAC really chapped my arnold but, thats a whole different story lol.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
News you can use
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2003, 02:39:40 PM »
Originally posted by muckmaw
You called it Tumor.

I had a bad feeling the other day when HT posted screenshots. Why post screenshots of a release that will be out in 7 days?

Now you know. Soften the blow, and then bring the hammer.

Look, AH is a great game. The graphics are long in the tooth, but the gameplay is still great. There are plenty of issues that could be resolved, but nothing is ever perfect.,

I'd like to sit here and say I'm not disappointed, but I cannot.

This is a big let down. I understand it was unavoidable, but it's disapointing none the less.

The best thing to cushion the blow would have been an updated timeline, and not a vage refernce.

We got the vague refernce, I believe, because they have a long way to go and  do not have a clear picture yet.

So put those upgrade orders on hold. My guess is we're gonna be here till years end.

Not the Hammer!

Offline Pfunk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
News you can use
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2003, 03:09:03 PM »
Originally posted by MANDOBLE
After looking at the new screenshots I'm happy it is not released yet.

Yup it looked like crap.

Offline cajun

• Silver Member
News you can use
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2003, 12:04:30 PM »
Wow, people are whining?

This is the best news I've heard!
And I fully expected it to be behind release date.  Most games are, a game that is on time is usuelly unpolished and buggy.

And that is why when someone asks me when a game im working on will be done I say "It will be done when its done, no sooner, no later; and when it is done it will be worth playing!"

Offline cajun

• Silver Member
News you can use
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2003, 01:48:53 PM »
One of the rules of game developments is never to strictly limit yourself on time.
Thats why nearly no game ever gets released right on time as they thought it would.

Quality and perfection should not be sacrificed in favor of time I believe.
I believe in taking the time to do something right, and it will be done when its done.
As time does not exist, wether it will be done 1 hour or 1 year from now, that time will come.    It is now, and only now. theres no tommorrow or yesterday. only today, and today tommorrow, and the next day.  Time was jsut invented to express now that used to be or will be.
Its so funny our entire way of life is built around something that exists only in our minds! :D

Offline Otto

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~ziggy2/
News you can use
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2003, 02:16:05 PM »
Whatever..

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
News you can use
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2003, 01:49:27 PM »
There is not much in the gameworld released on time.
I would not expect with AH2 either

Offline 6389

• Zinc Member
News you can use
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2003, 03:44:28 PM »
true true like when in hell is Medal Of Honor The Rising Sun supposed to come out

Offline pugsly

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
News you can use
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2003, 03:28:33 PM »
Online Offline Crap just release something for gads sake:confused:

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
News you can use
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2003, 03:36:40 PM »
Baby want his bottle?

Offline mos

• Copper Member
News you can use
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2003, 01:39:20 AM »
Originally posted by pugsly
Online Offline Crap just release something for gads sake:confused:

:lol  Hang on, I just had a burrito.  Gimme 5 minutes, I'll release "something."

Do you really think HTC is going to release something like that?  You *****ing at them doesn't help any, either.  Trust me, they know how the playerbase feels.

Offline firbal

• Nickel Member
News you can use
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2003, 09:09:06 AM »
Well I was right. They didn't make the 3rd qrt. I figure that it was way to big of a project for them to make it. But they are close. I can wait.
Fireball
39th Fighter Squadron "Cobras in the Clouds"