Author Topic: The AH2 whine thread  (Read 1861 times)

Offline Adjuster

• Copper Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2003, 04:54:26 PM »
"The upcoming open beta will be offline only and the primary purpose will be testing the graphics engine across a wide range of systems."

Ok but still why offline cant it test online ?

How am i gonna see cool bullet holes in my Tiff if noone gonna shoot at me :D

Adjuster
Adjuster

56 Squadron (Firebirds)

Offline acetnt-2nd

• Zinc Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2003, 05:27:30 PM »
Originally posted by muckmaw
Right back at ya, Slappy.

You know I'ma  grumpy bastage when I'm at work.

I don't want to go into specifics, but I just don't agree with the way the situation was handled.

Of course, not working at HTC and not knowing anything about what happened, I can only speculate.

Why is it expected that people will not speculate as to the reason for the delay and how long AH is to be delayed. It is not as if Pyro said anything specific in his message. Seems that the past trend has been to provide very little or no information until AH2 was ready so I am sure that they fully expect people to show some form of frustration now since the deadline is to be missed.

Like many, I am not at all upset at them missing the deadline but I too dislike the zero information model that they are following.

My 2 cents is all

Acetnt

Offline GA

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.no
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2003, 06:04:59 PM »
Like many, I am not at all upset at them missing the deadline but I too dislike the zero information model that they are following.

Could not say it better my self;).

First off all HTC have done a great job regarding Aces High from it starts and intil now, and therefor im still here and play it and also pay for the game;). This again I hope show my support for the ones that make this game;).

The last 2-months have been tuff for both HTC and the communety for when and how AHII should be released and how the game would be at the end before it is released.

I think the biggest diffrent from earlyer releases is the lack off information on the prosses on what to expect regarding pictures and generel devenlopment info to keep the communety updated.

My main point here is that I think many of us just miss the info on the game while it is devenloped and then again know what to expect when it is released, insted of knowing just the basic info who were posted early this year. Then we just start to speculate and we will at the end speculate to mutch and start bad posts;).

I think this could be avoided by put out more info on the devenlopment prosses and also give the communety a chanche to be a part off it in a more closer way as it have been on earlyer updates/patches. Ok this was just my thoughts :).

Just want to say I love this game and its communety, and are realy looking forward to the releas of AHII :)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2003, 06:10:31 PM by GA »

Offline roybaty

• Zinc Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2003, 07:23:25 PM »
Whelp, I guess I'll chime in. As an Ex-warbirder, kinda sorta a current IL2er, and a WWII Online sampler each game is missing something the others have.

I propose as WWII sim fans we hire and send out teams to round up ALL the developers from each company, lock them in a well equiped facility with all the programming/3d modeling software/hardware they could ask for and tell them to "do it right" :). Whos's with me! :D.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2003, 09:11:04 AM »
Stop your constant whining, its not fun anymore.
When HTC has some hard facts to tell the community they do.

If they say something that they are not sure about then it will just put fuel on the fire for the whiners on this board if its not included for some reason in the final release.
If you don't enjoy the current game that you pay for then fine. If you whine about something you dont yet pay for then its just pathetic. :rofl

Offline GA

• Gold Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2003, 10:45:40 AM »
Stop your constant whining, its not fun anymore.

Who are you talking about Nilsen10??
Who is the person you talking about that whines all the time??

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2003, 10:51:14 AM »
:rolleyes:

« Last Edit: September 27, 2003, 10:53:25 AM by Nilsen »

Offline GA

• Gold Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2003, 11:00:22 AM »
I was just curious who you ment since you are talking about the whiners all the time.
Now Im realy excited to se if you can write this time.
And maybee be a man and say who is whining here and what in there txt is the whine by your book.

Offline GA

• Gold Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2003, 11:32:27 AM »
And by the way Nilsen10, do you realy know what "pathetic" means..??

If you want I can give you a werry good example what "pathetic" is by my book if you are interested...

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2003, 11:40:36 AM »
Oh my... GA has blown a fuze :rofl
I obviously struck a nerve. You must really feel that I was talking about you since you responded in this way.

WTG.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2003, 11:42:32 AM »
Honestly...I think the New game is full of Eye Candy.
AH Classic is the same game right?
And AH 2 i think will not draw near as large a community.

Offline GA

• Gold Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2003, 11:47:59 AM »
Oh my... GA has blown a fuze  
I obviously struck a nerve. You must really feel that I was talking about you since you responded in this way.

He he no...

But can you replay on my earlyer question who is the hole point here.

And by the way Nilsen10, do you realy know what "pathetic" means..??

If you want I can give you a werry good example what "pathetic" is by my book if you are interested...

Pleas answer yes or no if you want to know...

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2003, 11:50:29 AM »
AH2 classic will be the new AH main arena if im not mistaken, and AH2 ToD is the new arena with missions etc.
I think ToD could be fun and draw a large community but we will not know that until it has been up and running for a fairly long time (when folk settle in after trying both)

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2003, 11:51:44 AM »
My Feeling exactly Hazed.
Originally posted by hazed-
Knew it was coming really, HTC posting some pics which dont show any new model plane (at least i seem to remember seeing the updated spit before) was the first clue to there being more stuff to be done.

Quite honestly my veiw is if it aint ready it aint ready, but I also think its no big deal to cancel your account if the game becomes too boring. Everyone reaches a burnout period and that seems to happen whether you have new planes or not. All games become stale if you play them enough. What is amazing is that AH has held so many of our interests for so long.Its quite a feat of programming to do that :D

I have no other game ive played as much and i love AH but I have to say its struggling to keep my attention lately.I think ive just about halved or more my use of it over last few weeks and i was kind of hoping the release at the end of the 3rd Q would renew my interest. The problem i see with these release dates is companies seem to feel they have to maintain it will ship on time up until the last moment when they could adjust it a little earlier and COMMUNICATE with us more. Its not the delay which pisses people off , its the dissapointment at such a late stage. As we closed in on the date we got more excited, in this impatient state we tend to notice even more how theres nothing new in the game at this moment  to satisfy this impatience for the new toys/graphic engine, this is bad enough in itself as it makes people burnout even faster.Then the killer blow a week or so before you expect the new game! now thats not the way to do it if you ask me.
 It only needs a monthly update on progress to keep most people happy on this BB. If this delay was a last minute decision i could understand and its ok, but if, as it sounds, they are far from completing the model adjustmsnts needed as well as other aspects then why on earth dont they just tell us what IS finnished so we can make a few guesses of our own? If nothing else it gives us something to talk about other than the latest '2 week' joke.surely they knew they couldnt make it weeks ago?
Im not trying to be difficult, but i do feel HTC are neglecting an area in their product which is not really so difficult to do and that is a little communication through their news section. Waiting well over 2 months for so much as a single word then suddenly pictures and 'sorry its not coming out next week after all' just isnt on.
I'll keep paying my account. $14.99 isnt so bad a financial drain as to warrent closing it and i still get on a few times. Im not threatening to close in any way but there will obviously come a time when play doesnt equal value for money.for now even with the news im still paying and playing so it isnt the end of the world but HTC should realise they are upsetting people with the way they seem to be treating them.Theres no need for it, how long does it take to post a short newsletter just like this one by pyro? 10 mins max? HTC used to post stuff all the time so i KNOW it really isnt asking that much from them (brown noses please shuddap :)).

Lets hope it does make christmas although now it seems we dont have a release date at all do we?.

>sigh<

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
The AH2 whine thread
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2003, 11:55:14 AM »
When AH2 first comes out....I have no doubt i will draw a large crowd.  But i think this will fall off sharply in just a few months.
The missions for me im sure will be fun....But i dont think this style of game play will have the appeal we hope.

Originally posted by Nilsen10
AH2 classic will be the new AH main arena if im not mistaken, and AH2 ToD is the new arena with missions etc.
I think ToD could be fun and draw a large community but we will not know that until it has been up and running for a fairly long time (when folk settle in after trying both)