Author Topic: Suggestion for CT staff.  (Read 300 times)

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Suggestion for CT staff.
« on: September 29, 2003, 05:33:52 PM »
I would like to make a humble suggestion to the CT Staff.

When I write events for the CM Staff they are a done deal. The only time I make changes are when I make a mistake that would hurt game play.  I tend not to defend or explain my setups since pleasing everyone or even most players is an exercise in frustration. If you don’t like it don’t fly in it. The numbers in my events always spoke louder than words in reaction to any Snapshot, TOD’s (now Squad Operations) I wrote.  Of course this is easer in a scripted, time limited version of the CT yet a necessary posture for one to survive in the CM role. Doubly so for anyone on the CT staff.

Write your event. Post it. Watch the numbers that week. When the week is over evaluate it and file in the round can or put it back in the running for a try (with a tweek or two) a few weeks or months later.  

No doubt the CT staff is having a hard time coming up with new material just as the CM staff is for our events. No surprise there without any new AC or GV’s about 10 months.

It is a tough job, but I think you can make it a bit easier on yourselves.

I appreciate all you guys do.

Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Suggestion for CT staff.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2003, 08:17:28 PM »
I sincerly respect your experance and I am glad you took the time to sugest this, Howeaver I rarely make any changes unless it is as you sugest "when I make a mistake that would hurt game play"

The CT also invites public input and while that means we have to bear the burdon of explaing why this or that was done from time to time this is a more open and less dictorial aproach to creating set up's, if somone does not like somthing they are welcome to say so. As you say this is realy due to the nature of the CT, it being an open areana, desenchion amongst the ranks is expected.