Author Topic: Okinawa and Trinity style Maps for clipboard  (Read 374 times)

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
Okinawa and Trinity style Maps for clipboard
« on: September 19, 2003, 12:05:03 PM »
Anybody knows (brady kantori?) how to make maps (for clpboard) in style of Trinity or Okinawa. They looks much better then standart maps that TE builds.

Second Question why TE crashes when you try to build 2048x2048 map? Is it bug or I do something wrong?

Can someone help me with good looking Map for clipboard - for Kadesh terrain?

Thank you for your help
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2003, 07:00:50 PM »
Hiya Artik,
I'm the one you should talk to... I made both of those CB maps.

If you want to send your .oba, .typ, and .elv files to me, I'd be happy to make one for you. It only takes a couple of hours.

Oh and yes... I've had the TE crash on me when exporting 2048x2048. I just use 1024 anyway, works fine.
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2003, 11:13:55 PM »
Thank you alot - there is the link  to the terrain files.
email me the map to my mail

By the why what is the format of this files. Is it possible to get source of the program you build to make this maps? I'm programer so I understand in such things. Can you give me the sources of this program or this is your property?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2003, 11:52:37 PM by artik »
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline Dux

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2003, 09:25:39 AM »
lol, the program is PhotoShop, and it's more about the technique than anything. I started a tutorial a while back, but actually explaining how I do it takes about a thousand times longer than actually doing it. :)

I put the tutorial on hold because AH2 may change some of the steps... I can't say for sure until it's out.

In a nutshell... I take those 3 files and build a new terrain with it in the TE (you don't need any field info for this method). From there I Export the elevation data, use the Make Map function to indicate the shorelines, and use those 2 images to construct all of the layers that make up a topographic map.

It's no secret, it's just complicated to explain... much easier to actually do.

I can send you my PhotoShop file when I'm done, so you can see how it goes together.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2003, 09:34:26 AM by Dux »
Rogue Squadron, CO

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline Dux

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2003, 11:53:28 AM »
Map is on the way, Artik.
Rogue Squadron, CO