Author Topic: Eddie  (Read 1507 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Eddie
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2003, 12:25:51 PM »
Originally posted by keyapaha
Hey flying Japanese does not suck,its fun

Well hell .. it should be! Yankity bankity bang bang! ;)

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
Eddie
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2003, 05:10:19 PM »
Originally posted by scJazz
:lol on the double dog dare you... your right. I suppose I have to go lick the flagpole now.

OK as for buff superiority well that is what the allies did and we have all the different types because of the role that the Bomber played to the US High Command. However the JU88 and KI67 weren't the only 2 bombers for the Axis either. Would it work to re-skin the JU88 or KI67 and include both in every Axis setup with bombers? Would adding the Boston IIIs or B26s to the Axis setups and re-skinning them for scenarios that the Axis has a buff advantage work?

First off thanks for the tips on the buff attacking.  I don't think giving Axis bomers they didnt have is a good idea. Lets face it Strategic bombers are the realm of the Allies.

I'm not real sure where the Japanese mindset was in bombers. The Luftwaffe was pretty much set on bombers that could be used to support the army on the battlefield.  I don't have a lot of of interest in bombers period. The Allied buff advantage is kind of like the tax man. It's there, you know about it, and it's no big thing,,,,,, until your bases are porked, or in the case of the tax man your wallet is  cleaned out.

I think the Luftwaffe fielded one heavy bomber the HE-177. It had four engines but only two props, so it looks like a twin engined bomber. Don't know much about it other than it ain't in the game. If it would add something to AH it would be cool to have, but I don't see it on too many  peoples wish list posted here.

A thought came to my mind today , on this subject, and I guess I better admit an Axis bomber advantage.................... .......

We got the only jet bomber, in the AR-234!!:D

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Eddie
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2003, 09:34:55 PM »
I think the Luftwaffe fielded one heavy bomber the HE-177. It had four engines but only two props, so it looks like a twin engined bomber.  

What was the deal with FW 200?  It was a 4 eng. bomber I know but wasnt it used more for maritine stuff? What was the payload too Brady?

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Eddie
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2003, 10:56:30 PM »
The Condor wasnt realy suited to the "Heavy Bomber" role:

With a maximum bobload of aprox. 4,000 pounds, thir were far better machins around to fill this role, In AH terms a He 177 would be way better (over 13,000 pounds).
« Last Edit: October 07, 2003, 10:58:45 PM by brady »

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Eddie
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2003, 11:14:02 PM »
Condor was a piece of "****e".  It was so structurally unsound that they were know to break in half on landing sometimes.  In no way would it be preferable to the Ju88A-4 we already have.

The only Axis aircraft that might be considered heavy bombers are:

He177A-5
Piagio P.108
H8K2 "Emily"

The Piagio and Emily were both built in very small numbers (though the Emily did see very heavy use in its recon role) and the He177 was a reliability disaster and mostly expended in low level attacks on the East Front.

BTW, Löwe, we have a Ki-61-I.  The Ki-61-II would perform much better and have more than twice as much cannon ammo.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
Eddie
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2003, 02:56:20 AM »
Emily's-167 of all types produced.

P.108-24 were built. (Twenty Four)

He-177, over 1,100 ( mostly A-5's)

The He-177 often gets a very bad wrap, the early varients (A-3) were very buggy, but they ironed most of the bugs out in the A-5 which was fairly reliable, reading tails of the Early B26's comapres to a degree with the Early A-3 varent of the He 177, both were considered Killers.

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
Eddie
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2003, 07:35:31 AM »
Originally posted by Karnak

BTW, Löwe, we have a Ki-61-I.  The Ki-61-II would perform much better and have more than twice as much cannon ammo.

Yeah I knew the KI-61 in AH was the II. I can't ever seem to find any info on the exact version in AH. Was this version made in smaller numbers than the KI-61 I ? Do you know of a website that has specs on the different KI-61 models?

Offline scJazz

• Copper Member
Eddie
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2003, 08:09:55 AM »
Originally posted by Karnak
The only Axis aircraft that might be considered heavy bombers are:

He177A-5
Piagio P.108
H8K2 "Emily"

OK so coming back to my earlier point about adding allied bombers to the Axis or always enabling both Axis bombers...

One of the above buffs has a similar load to a Lanc the other similar to a B26. They could get added fairly easily to neutralize the buff advantage. Perhaps perked at something reasonable like 2 pts so a Form would cost like 6pts.

Offline Skyfoxx

• Silver Member
Eddie
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2003, 08:19:08 AM »
Lowe,

I only have a few links to some Ki61 info on my computer here at work, but these may be of some interest. I'm sure others here have much more complete and detailed info than I. I probably have some more informative links on my home computer. I'll take a look later today if you need more than you find here.

Ki61

Ki61

Ki61

Ki61

"Consider your own fortunes gentlemen the deepest circle of hell is reserved for traitors and mutineers."

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
Eddie
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2003, 04:17:44 PM »
From my Francillion:

Ki-61-I:  1,380 produced

Ki-61-I KAI: 1,274 "

Ki-61 II KAI: 374 " ( Howeaver 275 of these were finished as Ki-100's)

Pluss about 50 prototyes of varios types were built.

Ki-6I-Ib 368mph, climb to 5K m in 5min 31sec

Ki-61-I KAIc 366mph, 5K m in 7min

Ki-61-II KAIa 379mph, 5K m in 6min
« Last Edit: October 08, 2003, 04:30:20 PM by brady »

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
Eddie
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2003, 04:21:55 PM »
In ther past a few times in approparate set up's I have added the B17, and limited it, in Italian set up's to stand in for the P. 108. I have also used the B17 as a stand in for the He 177 in a couple 44 West front set up's I have ran and limited it as well. The CT also always used to use the B26 for almost everything before we had the Ki 67, and the Boston/A20.

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
Eddie
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2003, 06:21:38 PM »
Thanks Brady, and Skyfoxx for the Ki-61 info.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Eddie
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2003, 08:17:20 PM »
Originally posted by scJazz
One of the above buffs has a similar load to a Lanc the other similar to a B26. They could get added fairly easily to neutralize the buff advantage. Perhaps perked at something reasonable like 2 pts so a Form would cost like 6pts.

Which is imilar to the B-26?  The P.108?

The He177's load is anything but clear and I have never gotten a straight answer about it.

The H8K2's load is very clear and topped out at two 1,500kg bombs (6,600lbs), which is more than the B-17G in AH.

I have no idea what the P.108 carried.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline shoppe

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.britlink.com/theofficeshoppe/
Bigger guns
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2003, 08:32:12 AM »
Scjazz,

wasn't the bigger guns line from Men in Black?

Shop

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Eddie
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2003, 10:51:08 AM »
Maybe we can convince HTC to add these aircraft to the inventory for the sake of "balance"

Only question is how to convince him.