Author Topic: Best debut album?  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Best debut album?
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2003, 09:46:31 AM »
There were so many Metallica 'demos' floating around back then too.  Bootlegs from shows and what not.   Am I evil.......  Blitzkrieg....

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Best debut album?
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2003, 10:24:16 AM »
Originally posted by Udie
Dude you just brought back all kinds of memories!!! I forgot about Texas Tapes 'n Records!!!  EVERY band must of stopped there once or twice :)  So you were at the metallica gig huh?  I went the night of the Maiden concert and couldn't believe my ears when Metallica was louder at Cardi's than Maiden was at the Summit :D

ahhh the good ole days :)  Remember HellStar? :D

LOL, yeah I remember Hellstar.  I had my official "Houston Headbanger" card for years.  That week was the best week of my life musically.  Metallica, then Maiden, then U2 all in the same week.  Metallica at Cardi's is still the loudest single gig I have ever been to.  My ears were ringing for days.  Do you remember who opened for Metallica?  W.A.S.P opened for Maiden.  Hehehehehe...
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Best debut album?
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2003, 10:27:21 AM »
Armored Saint opened for Metallica, but I was at the Maiden show so I missed them (that was the Thursday night gig)  You must have been at the Tuesday night Metallica show :)    Yeah, that was one of the best weeks of my rock and roll life :D  And yes that Metallica show was the loudest concert I ever went to.  I couldn't hear my teachers the next day at school, ok well nothing was different :D

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Best debut album?
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2003, 10:29:36 AM »
Yes sir!  Armored Saint it is!  I remember when we were at TTNR meeting both AS and Metallica, AS was first.  A guy a little behind me leaned in to AS and asked them, "Why are you opening for these jokers?"  :rofl :rofl

Honest to God true story!
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Best debut album?
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2003, 10:37:36 AM »
lol!

Metallica was the stuff at my high school.  Though the radio sucked back then and they wouldn't play ANY Metallica on 101 KLOL.  KPFT used to play some on satruday night's headbangers ball, but that was it.

Did you used to go cruise the strip on Fri/Sat down on Westheimer?

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Best debut album?
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2003, 12:45:00 PM »
Oh hell yes I did.  1965 GTO or my 77 Trans Am.  Westy was the bomb for rides and chicks.  And if you wanted to see a cool live act, Cardi's was right there.  What high school did you go to Udie?

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Best debut album?
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2003, 12:50:34 PM »
I went to Elsik High for 2 or 3 years and like 6 weeks at Madison (lol that was freaky scarey) Didn't finish though....  Oh man Westheimer.... whew!  many many many drunk nights there LOL I'm lucky the cops never messed with me.

Dude you're like the first person I've talked to in "adult life" that knows my teenage years :D  Them days were fun!

Offline jigsaw

• Silver Member
Best debut album?
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2003, 12:52:42 PM »
Oh, this is gonna be a tough one. I'll have to break it into decades. Yes, I'm really *that* old :p/

70s Boston's first album
80s Night Ranger's first album
90s Nothing really impressed me for a "first"
00s So far Evanescence has been parked in my CD player

Some of the things I take into consideration is not only the "I like it (duh) factor", but also the quality of the production. There have been a few releases that I thought were musically interesting, but the production just flat out blew goat cheese. Lately it seems that since the cost of making a quality production is affordable, more of the music just blows.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Best debut album?
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2003, 12:55:30 PM »
Elsik eh?  Clear Creek High School class of '86 here.  I went to school with a couple of McNulty's, any relation to them?

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Best debut album?
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2003, 12:57:25 PM »
Originally posted by Puudeli
Bob Marley & The Wailin' Wailers - Catch A Fire

Agreed.

Irie dread....jus cool.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Best debut album?
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2003, 12:59:51 PM »
Originally posted by jigsaw
80s Night Ranger's first album

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

...sorry

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Best debut album?
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2003, 01:06:49 PM »
Originally posted by DiabloTX
Elsik eh?  Clear Creek High School class of '86 here.  I went to school with a couple of McNulty's, any relation to them?

I was supposed to be class of '87 ended up class of '87 :D(actually got my GED before my class graduated)  I had no kin folk in Houston with the last name McNulty.  Where was Clear Creek High?  I remember the name but have no idea where it is.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Best debut album?
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2003, 01:10:58 PM »
CCHS is in Galveston county, in League City.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Best debut album?
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2003, 01:15:20 PM »
ok,  I was thining Clear Lake.  New it was down there somewhere.   So you probably remember "East Beach" too :D

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Best debut album?
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2003, 01:18:48 PM »
U2
__
W
A
R