Author Topic: Cactus Air Force - Recruiting  (Read 533 times)

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
Cactus Air Force - Recruiting
« on: October 07, 2003, 05:02:03 AM »

THE CACTUS AIR FORCE one of the oldest online flight sim squads around is currently looking to flesh out its ranks. All legitimately enrolled Aces High pilots, be they new to the arena or old salts are most heartily encouraged to give us a look.
The CAF flies in Aces High for the Rooks only and does not hop from country to country when the odds get sour. Squad night is Thursday at 9:00pm Eastern / 8:00pm Central / 6:00pm Pacific. There is an established chain of command adhered to during missions on squad nights. On other nights, pilots may tend to look to the CO, XO or other more experienced pilot for general orders but that is not mandatory - typically the pile-its flying will just naturally begin working together toward the common objective at hand.

Members always try to hook-up and fly together whenever possible outside of squad night. The main objective at any time is to fly together, to work together, and to cover each other. It is common for one CAF to re-enter a hopeless fight, even if already smoking or out of ammo, for the express purpose of helping another CAF in distress. While we try to fly smart and enter a fight on our terms, we will NOT leave a fellow squad member to perish alone - usually both will die together.

The Cactus Air Force was originally commissioned on 21 August 1994 for the purpose of flying as a squadron in Air Warrior. The original members were longtime friends who trace their online origins back to the F3 Group of the Prodigy internet service, dating back to about 1991-1992, and some friendships go back even further.
  While Air Warrior was and Aces High now is the common gaming link among the squad's members, we hold much stronger ties to each other than that of a mere online game. Becoming a member of the CAF is more than just joining a group that plays Aces High - becoming a member of the CAF means becoming a member of an honored fraternity. Even members who cannot fly due to Real Life tend remain active in the squad room forum because of the importance of the friendships we've developed with each other. The squad room sees posts regarding just about any topic imaginable and has even seen the occasional "family squabble," but our respect for each other ultimately sees things through in such cases. Messages can sometimes be quite "colorful" and, as such, are intended for a "mature audience." The squad's age averages in the 30's but we have some who are older and some who are younger. While we all enjoy flying Air Warrior together, the most important element of the Cactus Air Force is friendship. We hold true to the saying, "Once a CAF, always a CAF."
(Our CAF Motto)
Oderint Dum Metuant
"Let them hate; so long as they fear!"
Whether you're new, or an old salt looking to become part of an established squad, if you've got the right attitude and want to be part of a team with a history, check us out.
  If interested, be sure and fill out the application form.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email
me at the below address and I'll be more than happy to get back to you.
Our website: http://www.cactusairforce.org
my email address: oddball@cactusairforce.org
OUR PILOTS:
Grimm  
Mettius
Oddball        
Karaya
G1  
Strider
BoneDome  
Stalker
Profit
Flash    
Acid Funk
Gunner
Usul
Rogue
Debo/Wyvren
ScotchLover
BulletHead
Falcon
Keebler  
Strab
Brucifer
Fester  
HAWKeye
Crash  
Rookie    
Sketch
Regards,
Oddball
Cactus Air Force
Red Flight Leader
« Last Edit: October 07, 2003, 05:10:46 AM by Oddball-CAF »

Offline PAMARRIN

• Zinc Member
RECRUITMENT
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2003, 03:31:00 PM »
Great site, all the makings of an awsome team.  Filled out an app.  Am looking forword to linking up with you guys in the air.

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2003, 06:26:07 PM »
Hi Pat,
  Just got finished shootin' a reply to your email, bro.
Looking forward to flyin' with ya.
  Grimm will be getting back to you shortly with a "recruiting package" which puts all the nuts and bolts into perspective.
  Thanks for the compliments on the website. I'd like to take credit for it, but I'd be lyin' through my teeth.
  I'm just the "Roster" and "Ribbons/Awards" page ****.
"Mettius", our X.O. is the Grand Web Weenie. All the credit goes to him. ;)
  "Let them hate, so long as they fear"
 Oddball

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2003, 06:28:27 PM »
>>>****

Hmmm..intriguing...I used the word "terd" (purposely misspelled here) in my reply and I see a "robot censor" didn't like it. "Big Brother's ever watchful eye never rests these days. :(
  What happened to "free speech"?
Oddball
Cactus Air Force

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2003, 06:43:42 PM »
Terd :D
« Last Edit: October 09, 2003, 06:46:06 PM by Arlo »