Author Topic: Can you remember...  (Read 1080 times)

Offline Joc

• Silver Member
Can you remember...
« on: October 12, 2003, 06:18:59 PM »
The first combat you had in AH?,Ill never forget mine, fresh from Aw, I hopped into my shiny new AH Spitty IX ,flew off into the skies and after a while spotted my 1st victim (so I thought) a B17!!!!! an easy kill!!! I went under his rear, he must be asleep!700,600 550...my finger on the 'tit' when he proceeded to turn my Spit into something with more holes than a fishing net, I had instant respect for buffs from then on, sure was a tough lesson lol Ill never forget that 1st combat :D
Joc

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Can you remember...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2003, 06:22:53 PM »
yeah, i was sitting in m16 amazed at all the people flying about shooting eachother (i used to play CFS where it was only 4 v 4 or so)  I think i was just randomly spraying at every enemy that came past, cant remember if i hit anything or not!
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Can you remember...
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2003, 07:41:13 PM »
In a P51D, on one of the frontlines of the beta map watching Citabria in a P38, in the middle of a bunch of reds, doing all sorts of maneuvers and coming out alive after shooting down each one of them.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
Can you remember...
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2003, 07:53:13 PM »
I don't remember my first AH combat, but I can almost guarantee that I went into a spin and augered.

Offline sh1V

• Zinc Member
Can you remember...
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2003, 08:39:35 PM »
Wasn't ready for the torque effect on takeoff, overcompensated and crashed into the ground.  Second wasn't much better.

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
Can you remember...
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2003, 08:42:42 PM »
yes...i upped a shiney spit  5 pointed towards the nearest enemy base...some la7 came up behind me overshot and i started soraying at him till he was at d1.5...then i started turning wildly...i then proceeded to auger into the nearest hill

my first flight i upped (amazingly got of the ground) and proceeded to almost immediatly auger (mouse flying...damn near impossible at the start...and as far as i know i was the first even mouse ACE...took 1 month to land first kill...6 months to become a ace...)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2003, 08:45:24 PM by vorticon »

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
Can you remember...
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2003, 11:00:37 PM »
Originally posted by vorticon
and as far as i know i was the first even mouse ACE

Not even close.

Blckshp (412th FS "Braunco Mustangs") flies with a mouse (has been doing so as long as he has been flying AH, certainly a lot longer than you) and has landed 30+ kill sorties on more than one occasion.

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
Can you remember...
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2003, 11:04:20 PM »
My first sortie in AH was in a p47-d25....
I had rocket tubes on...

Saw a spitIX on someones tail  dove on it   held down trigger for a while spraying everywhere got lucky and got the kill.

Wish I could remember who it was...

Ahh..memories...
Retired CO of the ancient **Flying Monkeys** CT squadron.

Offline scJazz

• Copper Member
Can you remember...
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2003, 11:37:19 PM »
I upped in a Hellcat with drop tanks and flew off toward the battle. Got to about 15,000' and did impression of falling rock as I dove through a pack of Lancasters. Yanked out just in time with my friend, whose computer I was using to, screaming "pull out pull out" in my ear. Did a quick look around realized I was pointed at my base so I ran home and executed a landing. Pumped on adrenalin and amazed that I actually lived AND killed something. Upped again and ran into Taki in his god forsaken N1K. Died. Upped again and ran into Taki again. Died. Upped again flew away from Taki waited until he was busy vulching. Swooped down and shot him to bits. I've had a Hate/Hate relationship with him and his Spit/N1K from that day since. It has gotten to the point that I can tell when I'm flying against him because of his break manuvers.

Offline AHGOD

• Nickel Member
Can you remember...
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2003, 02:13:08 AM »
Coming over from Fa.  I upped a 190A5, and back then it seemed like the cats asss.  I actually got it off the ground before auto take off and what not.  Proceeded to climb out and saw a 17 coming in.  Man that thing was huge, and the A5 made a  great missle!!!  We think buff guns are bad now back then for my noob asss it was insane.  Then again a 190 atacking  a 17 doing 200 is rather insane but it was fun as hell.  Back in the day when LJK was around near the beginning.  Took about 4 months off or whenever the Dora came out and flew it for the first sortie and killed a spit!!!  Then proceeded to die 15 times in a row.

Offline Twist

• Nickel Member
Can you remember...
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2003, 02:27:07 AM »
First flight was too far back to recall any specific details worth recounting here. I do recall a more recent flight though.

Some goober in a Mossie was vulching our field and managed to bag me once. I am patient though and know that Mossies need fuel, so I waited. He did fly off towards home as expected so I grabbed an La7 and gave chase. I was so low I had to beat the squirrels off the canopy. I did manage to catch him close to home and probably feeling quite secure as he prepared to land. I saddled up on his low 6 and banged him like a drunk prom queen.

I hope you didn't spill your drink JOC :D

Razer
57th RFS
Razer

Hellcat FG

"They porked the Hellcat? Why did they do that?"

Offline F4i

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ghost-squadron.org/main/frame.html
Can you remember...
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2003, 03:05:14 AM »
I remember leaving AW3 to come here when open beta came around.  I still remember my first flight...jumped into a 109 because the 109 had been my "trainer" back in the AW days.  I just flew around - talking on vox to an old squaddy of mine - saying, "Maaaaaaaan, the flaps move.  The graphics are hot!  The guns -- I can see muzzle flash!!!  Woooot!"

I promptly landed the 109 & grabbed my first Italian ride ever (C205).  Found a low furball.  Almost overshot my target, barrell rolled to bleed off some E...ended up on my target's 6 at close range and blew his tail off.  

I logged afterwards to email the rest of the squad..."You guys gotta get the hell over here...AH rocks!!!"  :cool:

I've been coming and going ever since...

TBolt
« Last Edit: October 13, 2003, 04:24:10 AM by F4i »

Offline hogenbor

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.lookupinwonder.nl
Can you remember...
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2003, 03:40:01 AM »
After years of anticipating on-line combat I finally got cable and stumbled upon AH. Downloaded it, flew a bit on-line until I managed to take off and land. Subscribed.

Figured out radar and took a field somewhat away from the action with a lone red dot approaching. Upped a Bf109-G-6 with 30mm (what did I know). The attacker was a lone A-20. I gave chase and closed on his low 6 and saw tracers zipping overhead. Got close, even could counter some evasives and shot him up with the 13mm's (I wondered why it took so long with that big 30mm). Expended all my ammo but he went down. I even managed to land the kill. Was sweating all over. I actually managed to shoot down a human opponent!

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Can you remember...
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2003, 05:00:39 AM »
no. but i'm 99.9% certain some HO weenie gave me a rude awakening.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Can you remember...
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2003, 05:16:55 AM »
It was in a Spit IX during beta.  I ran into another Spit IX and we had a flat turn fight that gradually lost altitude.  I managed to turn better than him and shot him down.

He gave a and said it was his first flight in AH and he was from AW.  I returned the and told him it was my first flight in AH and I was from WB and EAW.

I don't remember who it was.  It was also my last flight until I signed up in v1.03.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-