Author Topic: Poll: Which put you off WW2OL more - launch or fanboy posts?  (Read 4311 times)

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Poll: Which put you off WW2OL more - launch or fanboy posts?
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2003, 08:41:41 AM »
All of the above!

I tried it 4 different times and it still did nothing for me.

Never worked right  

To many Fanboys(HC, Gadfly etc etc)

Throw on the lies from CRS and you have a game that will NEVER be in my home again.

Took great pleasure in burning the box.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2003, 08:43:11 AM »
"How? I am not telling you the game is good or suggesting you play it"

Thats's about the only thing you've gotten right so far.  But we're girls and ladies for posting our opinions?  lol   You're a character Lizking.  A warped one but still a character.

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2003, 08:57:11 AM »
And, in response to Kieren, why must you ladies always respond to these posts, and not only respond, but give your silly reasons why you don't play it? The rats scuck! Docs a Dick! They over hyped it!, Blah, blah.

Umm maybe because someone asked the question. :rolleyes:

Didn't you read the topic?

Man talk about your major Fanboys!

Offline AKWeav

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2003, 09:06:41 AM »
What put me off ww2ol the most was the total lack of interest the game providers showed me as a customer to assist me to get the game working on my PC. Their customer tech help is like a dinosaur moving at the speed of molassis in the dead of winter.

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2003, 09:12:52 AM »
No, Westy, as I have said in 3 or 4 replies above, you are children for letting factors outside the game influence your desicion to play it.  And not just WWIIOL, but all games.

I refuse to eat Beef because Rancher Bob is a total ass!

I will never visit California because Grey Davis lied!

That is what I am talking about.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2003, 09:14:57 AM »
Fanboi's don't bother me.

Heck here in AH I've been called one.

Sokay, I'm lead of the AH trainner corp.
I NEED to be a fanboi.

However HTC did not first lie to me for 6 months like CRS did.

HTC did not release an unplayable game like CRS did.  HTC has constantly upgraded & updated the game in a timely fashion.

CRS is the opposite.

In short, HTC has EARNED my loyalty.

What has CRS done to earn theirs?

Will I ever try WWIIOL again?

Not bloodly likely.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2003, 09:26:41 AM »
Personally, I played beta and there was no way in hell I was going to pay money for the bug-riddled mess they released.  I would probably have given it another shot down the road if it wasn't for the evangelical dip****s that came here for no reason other than to pimp that product.  Now, its a matter of principal.  The game could be flawless and I still would not play.  I'm just not going to reward their tactics.

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2003, 09:32:05 AM »
^ What he said!

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2003, 09:37:10 AM »
I play AH. I am trying WWIIOnline again for the 4th or 5th time.

Don't care what anyone from either game says. I don't listen to them anyway. Whats fun for me is for me to decide.

Past is irrelevant. What matters now is does it work...now.

IMHO of course.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2003, 09:38:10 AM »
Good for you Lizking.  You're not fickle, don't have much for standards and you're analogies are overboard.

In the past I wouldn't buy or use something for many reasons; they used children to make the product in a sweat shops, the company prodcued junk, something wasn't made in America, a corporation supported aparthied, the company leadership were crooks, a company employees had sukk prettythang customer support and relations...etc etc.
 Why would not wanting to pay for an entertainment product be any different?

"I refuse to eat Beef because Rancher Bob is a total ass!"

What if he lied about the quality of his beef?  Where he got it from or what it had for a diet? Or lied after injecting with hormone drugs or irradiating the meat withouth labelling it so?

"I will never visit California because Grey Davis lied! "

Would depend on the lie.

Bet you watch Fox for your news too ;)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2003, 09:41:17 AM by Westy »

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2003, 09:45:42 AM »
Actually, the only thing I watch on TV is NASCAR and DVDs.  I get my news from three newspapers, Austin, San Antonio and Dallas, and here and AGW.

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2003, 11:02:11 AM »
Do you notice how WW2OL is treated so differently compared to IL2 or even WB? Why is that…

I was lucky in that there was a flood of patchware I wasted my money on right before WW2OL, so even though I was salivating to buy it day 1, I waited. Man, I was immediately glad I did. However, even though I have little respect for a company that treats its customers in that manner, I still like the concept so I figured I would wait until they got the bugs ironed out and give it a shot. That is far less likely today because:

1. The fanbois (Hardcase in particular). Reap what ye have sown. WW2OL would have to be getting rave reviews and I would have to be seriously dissatisfied with AH and other competition before going there.

2. The lack of a free trial mode for people who have not purchased the game already. I believe there was a limited one at some point recently but I missed it -- ah well. Having avoided getting ripped off once, I’m not in the mood to give CRS any money now unless I know its going to work and going to offer me value first hand.

Charon

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2003, 11:31:23 AM »
Well, with this many posts, I doubt anyone will note what I say...but what turned me off was the fanboys posting here how great their game was and we should go there now now now.  I just thought it was, and is, still bad taste.  There's a fine line between discussing another game here, its another for the cheerleading squad to continue repeatedly to drum up their NEWLY fixed game...over and over again.

I could live with the startup bugs.  I've been through Falcon 4's bumpy launch and eventual improvements that made it playable and fun.  But any effort to read the WW2 forums was a complete waste of time.

The movies, screen shots and other neat things I've seen from the WW2 game havent materialized on my PC.  The few times I've pondered going back, the WW2 Cheerleaders strike here and just turn me off to it.

I dont seem to recall anyone from here trumpting how great Aces High is there.  I think our player base is better.  Well, 'cept for that guy who carpets garages...he's a few thrusters short of warp drive  :p

Flame away Gadfly...its cheerleaders like you that keep people like me from trying your game...and if that's your goal, bravo.  One less player to battle...a bit less revenue for your rats.

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2003, 11:32:50 AM »
I guess it was too many posts for you to actually read them then, LePaul?

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2003, 11:35:17 AM »
See?

So this smug personna is supposed to make us go "Gee, I wanna be like Gadfly and fly WW2OL"

:rolleyes: