Author Topic: Poll: Which put you off WW2OL more - launch or fanboy posts?  (Read 4327 times)

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
Poll: Which put you off WW2OL more - launch or fanboy posts?
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2003, 11:38:47 AM »
Had you read the posts, you would realize that that is not my reason, AT ALL, for posting in this thread.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2003, 12:02:19 PM »
"Had you read the posts, you would realize that that is not my reason, AT ALL, for posting in this thread"

Maybe your intent is not making it through very well  or just perhaps it's coming across differently than you're intending? I'm sure you'll spin into being a problem on the readers part.

I've yet to see anyone acknowlege your point nor has anyone thought your trolling was worth a chuckle.

"Golly Andy! Look at that silly ole Gadfly. What a humorous old coot that one is! Wait'll Aunt Bee hears bout what he's gone and done now"

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2003, 12:08:19 PM »
Yeah, my point isn't too clear, let me try again:

It is stupid to take a decision on playing a game, based upon the people who made the game, instead of the actual game itself.

Now if you just don't like the game, I have no beef.  Just say it sucks and move on.

And, this is for any game, not just WWIIOL.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2003, 12:11:36 PM »
I think the point that some of us are making as well Gadfly is we see fanboi's posting on here how great the game is, we go check it out and find it blows horse dung.  Combine the two offenses and you see why we have a strong negative reaction.  But, hey, if you like the game more power to you.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2003, 12:13:58 PM »
Once you try it and it blows, no argument from me.

(again, this is any game, not WWIIOL)

Offline CRS Killer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2003, 02:08:00 PM »
Kieran, I send nobody out to spam boards, just so you know, if I have something to say I have no problem saying it myself.

I usually tell people in discussions to stay away from these boards actually.

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2003, 02:23:57 PM »
Problem is they don't listen!

My problems with CRS didn't stop me from trying the game 4-5 times but the Fanboys coming over here made sure I'll never go back.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2003, 02:39:51 PM »
Tell me CRS Killer is an employee or even a principal of CRS, the maker of WWIIOL.

Is that true??

Offline Pesticide

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.8thaf.com
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2003, 02:49:59 PM »
Yup, Killer is "da head rat".

Now, let me start off by saying, I got off to a bit of a bad start here.  I guess I was a little emotional when I started that other thread, and I put things a little more brash than I meant to.  My appologies, that's just the way I am, I say the first thing that comes to my head, straight forward, honest, and for the most part, without remorse.

That being said, All I really want to know is why all the hate??

I see people who are members of the WWIIOL community in the WWIIOL forums promoting AH2, and then come over here and see anyone who even hints at being from the WWIIOL community get gang banged.

And all I really want to know is why.

Offline Czpetr

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.virtualfighters.net
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2003, 02:51:13 PM »

Nothing of that should put me off :)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2003, 02:59:06 PM »
Originally posted by Pesticide
I see people who are members of the WWIIOL community in the WWIIOL forums promoting AH2, and then come over here and see anyone who even hints at being from the WWIIOL community get gang banged.

IMHO anyone here promoting the AH2 beta on the WW2OL boards needs to be shot. It'll do more damage in its current state, as many might misinterprete how far into development it is.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2003, 02:59:44 PM »
"anyone who even hints at being from the WWIIOL community get gang banged."

It's not the message. It's all about the delivery.
 If the attitude and demeanor are like Headcase or NoAce then the messenger tends to get shot. Otherwise if you have some modicrum of respect for where you're posting (a free, open board on a businesses web site meant for thier product and customers) then being a messenger isn't a bad thing.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2003, 03:03:03 PM by Westy »

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2003, 03:01:56 PM »
Originally posted by Pesticide
Yup, Killer is "da head rat".

Now, let me start off by saying, I got off to a bit of a bad start here.  I guess I was a little emotional when I started that other thread, and I put things a little more brash than I meant to.  My appologies, that's just the way I am, I say the first thing that comes to my head, straight forward, honest, and for the most part, without remorse.

That being said, All I really want to know is why all the hate??

Check your first thread in the AH BBS. That should give you a clue in your search.

BTW. I play both games.

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2003, 03:04:42 PM »
Pesticide-

Well, I can tell you I was interested in trying WWIIOL. I asked many friends for an honest opinion and they all said 'Wait" so I did.

Then I was playing around in the O'club awhile back and I read a thread started by a fan of WWIIOL. No harm. I thought it was in poor taste to come to a competitors sponsored BBS to promote a competeing product, and let's face it...HTC and CRS are direct competitors. Then I realized this guy was not a friendly member of the AH community saying "Hi. check this out." He was asked to come over here because of a CRS recruiting drive. Now I see it's being done again. I just read a thread on your board asking for AH players to e-mail some guy to start another recruiting drive on AH BBS.

That is low. I consider HTC to be almost like a friend. The crew over there is the best in terms of caring for their customer.

People from CRS coming over here to try to take away subscribers from AH is something I take as a personal insult. It's crass and shows poor manners.

Now the TOP CRS guy, killer, is over here commenting. The mere presence of a  CRS employee saying ANYTHING on a competitors BBS is in poor taste in my opinion.

Backlash is the word I would use to describe CRS' Marketing efforts.

Best to keep silent, and let the game spread word of mouth. Due to the actions of some CRS personnell, both employed and not, I will not be subscribing to WWIIOL anytime in the forseeable future.

Offline Pesticide

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.8thaf.com
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2003, 03:11:29 PM »
hey look, I posted in here to try to understand why there is so much animosity.  I arleady appologized for the first thread.

I'm asking the same questions in both forums, and as of yet I have yet to get a straight answer other than because of some posts Zeroace (who few people pay attention to in WWIIOL anyways) and Hardcase made in here I don't know when.  

Vulkan has explained it to me a little bit over there, but I fail to see how that prompts threads like this one which apears to be nothing more than a "why do you hate wwiiol" thread.

I'm not over here to put down AH in any way, Ive barely even played it.  I'm just trying to figure out why there's so much mud slinging going on on both sides.

[edit]
Muckmaw,
please read what Killer had to say in THIS thread.  The feelings in the respective communities are not shared by the developers.  You may also want to read some of my [Pesty] replies in that thread.

As for CRS trying to steal players, I see nothing of the sort hapening.  From my perspective, it apears that they are doing nothing more than suggesting that they may offer a discount or trial for members of other communities.  They are in no way suggesting "stealing" players from another game.  They also did not target AH specifically, they apear to be extending this offer to all flight-sim communities.  

Many people in the WWIIOL community have promoted other games, AH included, in the WWIIOL forums.  I have yet to see CRS, any of the forum moderators, or any community members complain about it.  CRS is not a DIRECT competitor with AH, yes, it has a flight sim aspect to it, but it has more of a ground aspect than AH, and I would put money down that says that most of the WWIIOL players play ground most of the time.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2003, 03:21:20 PM by Pesticide »