Author Topic: AHII Open Beta First Impressions  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
AHII Open Beta First Impressions
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2003, 01:26:57 PM »
I think HTC so far are doing fine with the Beta although likeveryone else I'm suffering in the fps department.

I too think that HTC should put more variety when a round hits for example when a 50 cal or small caliber rounds hits smoke ,sparks and bits of the aircraft should fall off. and if  Higher caliber cannons are used there should be a visible way to determine which type of round has hit even WWIIOL has this for all the crap that is has some aspects of gunnery are  a bit realistic that our current AH and the beta AH2 release. Hopefully this will be taken into consideration later on.

so far though :aok

Offline Grizzly

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2003, 01:44:31 PM »
Not sure if you know, but the damage model is missing from the initial beta release. The final product is supposed to show damage down to each bullet hole.

grizzly

Originally posted by Glasses

I too think that HTC should put more variety when a round hits for example when a 50 cal or small caliber rounds hits smoke ,sparks and bits of the aircraft should fall off. and if  Higher caliber cannons are used there should be a visible way to determine which type of round has hit even WWIIOL has this for all the crap that is has some aspects of gunnery are  a bit realistic that our current AH and the beta AH2 release. Hopefully this will be taken into consideration later on.

so far though :aok

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2003, 02:35:52 PM »
The corkscrew tracer effect is an artifact of being filmed, like sun spurs.

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2003, 07:00:30 PM »
vv Grizz like I said I know it's a beta and I expect further development of this and other features so I don't worry much.

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2003, 10:06:54 PM »
I think it's looking good.  I've lost some frame rate, but that was expected.  Without the rest of the sprites loaded I'm not sure if frame rate is worth recording yet.

No issues loading, some really minor things getting my sticks configured.  

The new flight model takes a bit of getting used to, but I like what I've seen so far.  Stick responce curve tweaking is a must, and keeping the plane trimmed is much more important than in classic.

From out here I don't know what the heck anyone has to complain about.  I'll do a more comprehensive test series when I get a chance; start poking in the corners to see if I can get anything to break in a predictable manner.
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2003, 11:58:04 PM »
What Gadfly said ... I don't understand the artifact context, but I hope the corkscrew tracers and sun spurs (presumably those orange spikes) are refined during beta polishing.  

I like tracer smoke but not spaghetti, and the improved sun glare is great but not the orange spikes.  

Wasn't going to do beta, but already it feels really good.  Looking forward to its evolution into initial AHII release.  

Dunno whether this qualifies for reporting yet (hate to join the dolt crowd, but here I am), but the Spit V right wing in hangar (not on the runway) often displays one or two layers of peeling into the spars.  

Some cockpit instrumentation is missing, e.g., Spit V bank indicator and whatever should be right underneath it -- I assume this is on a fix list (I dare to mention it only because sometimes the most obvious things are the easiest to overlook).  

No major basic problems with my P4 2.26 gHz XP although AHII beta seems slow to load and frame rate seems to be cut about in half, down from 50/60 in AH to 20/30 in AHII near the ground.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline mia389

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2003, 12:25:09 AM »
DID I miss somthing where do I get it. Trinity still comes up :-( Guess Im off for the rest of the week.

NM I found it,, forgot they coming out with a single player first. Time to check it out. I cant wait to see it.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2003, 12:31:49 AM by mia389 »

Offline Kommandant

• Copper Member
      • http://www.lawsquadron.cjb.net
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2003, 12:33:22 AM »
Couldn't Run it, Never saw it

Offline bigjava

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2003, 01:05:47 AM »
Originally posted by 1K0N