Author Topic: P47 prices...maybe  (Read 839 times)

Offline Koed

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.valkieser.com
P47 prices...maybe
« on: May 04, 2000, 03:49:00 PM »
Hey maybe HTC could shell out some prices for the best tour pilots.. like this one:

Or how about a P38 for ye old bedroom:

Check these cool models at  http://www.p47.com

Offline DmdBT

• Copper Member
      • http://www.damned.org
P47 prices...maybe
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2000, 06:29:00 PM »
Hehe... you ought to see my house  

I liked flying the P51 so I bought an RC P51 kit... started flying the P38 and acquired a P38 kit... started flying the B17 and my wife said she's gonna divorce me :O

I swear glo-fuel exhaust fumes have an addictive quality about them

DmdBT
btw.. sweet planes there!

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
P47 prices...maybe
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2000, 06:33:00 PM »
Gawd nice job on them RCs, reminds me of my youth many hours in basement with my dope and tissue.

LOL ya Funked now it's just dope and klennex.

[This message has been edited by Torque (edited 05-04-2000).]

funked

P47 prices...maybe
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2000, 06:37:00 PM »
I spent a lot of time in the basement with dope too.

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
P47 prices...maybe
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2000, 08:56:00 PM »
For those of you unfamiliar with the masochistic hobby called "R/C"...

Note the 6 gallons of fuel in the background. Of course that stuff is flammable... wonder if the wife knows?  

Note also the jet nearing completion in the background. Is that a Bob Violett? You haven't seen a properly performed "figure 9" until you see a ducted fan do this... the debris pattern is very tight. And deep.  

Note the cowl in the background. Looks like there is a 1/5th scale P47 coming soon to a bedroom near you!

I also count what appears to be 4 more kits lying around the room. You are following one of my dictums "always have one near completion". Why? Because of the other universal truth; "if you fly them, you crash them".

Back in '88 I was a flight judge at the Scale Masters qualifier at Fort Knox, Kentucky. There were always 4 planes up, and pilots needed spotters to help them track the other craft. This proved to be an imperfect science, as a 1/5 scale Piper Cub tried to share the same air space as a 1/4 scale Fokker Dr1. The pilots guessed a crash was impending, but reacted a bit too late. The Cub lost a wheel, but the Dr1 lost 1/4 of the upper wing (the whole aileron and wing). It went into an irrecoverable spin, and crashed onto the highway a quarter mile away. I can still hear the squeal of the truck brakes as the mangled mass dropped to the ground in front of the startled driver, and his even louder "whhooooOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAH!"  

I had a room that looked like that once, but kids took that time from me. Of course, I discovered PC, and the wife doesn't complain about the smell of my PC the way she did the castor oil from the engines. Funny thing, you do grow to like the smell of burnt castor oil...  

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
P47 prices...maybe
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2000, 10:09:00 PM »
LOL.. for the rest of the world; it's a hobby. Been designing, building and flying RC for most of my life...

... and it's been my living for the last 10 years.  

Hang
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline tshred

• Copper Member
P47 prices...maybe
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2000, 02:22:00 AM »
Hey, I'm looking for a good P38 kit to build, preferably in the .90 size or smaller, any suggestions? Wanted the Yellow kit, but I think they out of business now.

ts

[This message has been edited by tshred (edited 05-05-2000).]

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
P47 prices...maybe
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2000, 09:27:00 AM »
Royal used to put one out when I was in the game. 2x.90 four-strokes would sound beautiful...

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
P47 prices...maybe
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2000, 10:18:00 AM »
Cool Hang! <S> for serving our country in uniform!