Author Topic: Clipboard Map Problems  (Read 526 times)

Offline Bullethead

• Silver Member
      • http://people.delphiforums.com/jtweller
Clipboard Map Problems
« on: October 16, 2003, 11:52:35 AM »
System:  1.7GHz, 256MB, WinME, GeForce3

I have the following problems (so far) with the way the clipboard map appears:

"Sun Glare" on Map
When I zoom the map in or out, it gets like "sun glare" on it, which mostly whites out the map picture itself.  I can still see the field icons easily, but the terrain features and sector lines are mostly drowned out.  I can still kinda see parts of them, which is why the effect reminds me of sun glare.  The amount of "glare" varies with different zoom levels as well, so you can see it get worse and then better again as you keep zooming either in or out.  

Starting with the map at the default zoom level, there is no "glare".  As I zoom out, the "glare" starts small, rapidly grows, then disappears again by the time I get zoomed all the way out.  Starting again at the default zoom level but this time zooming in, the glare starts very quickly and just keeps getting more intense until I reach max zoom in, where the map features (except icons) are almost totally drowned out.

Permanent Loss of Map with "Edit Maps"
I right-clicked on the map and selected Edit Maps from the pop-up menu.  When the side page of the clipboard swung out, the map picture on the main part of the clipboard disappeared, leaving only the field icons.  Where the map picture used to be, the area was split up.  On the left half was a highly magnified section of wood grain from the back board of the clipboard.  On the right was a "glared-out" whitish area with phantom, highly magnified, copies of some of the buttons at the top edge of the clipboard.  See pic below.

I could never get the map back.  I opened and closed the clipboard several times but it always looked as shown below.  Same when I opened and closed the roster and club pages on top of the map area.  In addition, the map zoom commands did not work at all while the clipboard was in this condition.

Offline Bullethead

• Silver Member
      • http://people.delphiforums.com/jtweller
Clipboard Map Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2003, 02:03:06 PM »
The "sun glare" on the clipboard map also happens in 2 other cases:

• When resizing the clipboard with the + and - buttons.  Again, the "glare" comes in waves as the clipboard changes in size.
  • When dragging the clipboard across the screen.  Again, the "glare" comes in waves as the clipboard crosses different parts of the screen.

Offline Blank

• Nickel Member
Clipboard Map Problems
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2003, 03:16:36 PM »
also had the loss of map on clipboard after edit map on my machine.

:)