Author Topic: Invisible CV Hull  (Read 507 times)

Offline Bullethead

• Silver Member
      • http://people.delphiforums.com/jtweller
Invisible CV Hull
« on: October 16, 2003, 04:03:32 PM »
1.7GHz, 256MB, WinME, GeForce3

NOTE:  Only the CV has this problem, not the other ships in the TG.

Anyway, for me the hull and superstructure of the CV are invisible at any distance greater than about 100 yards.  While the hull is invisible, the gun turrets are visible and appear to be flying along in formation at low alt :).  As I fly over the CV on the deck, it's hull and superstructure pop into view as I get to within about 100 yards.  Then they instantly vanish again as I get about 100 yards away again.

When I first noticed this, I had the object detail sliders rather reduced in an effort to improve FPS.  With those settings, the other ships of the TG appeared as 2D sprites unless you got very close to them, so I thought at first that perhaps the CV's sprite was just left out of the beta.  So I cranked all the sliders back to max detail and tried again.  This time, the other ships were 3D models as far as I could see, but the CV was still invisible except at very close range.  So that's not the problem.

Offline TheCage

• Copper Member
Invisible CV Hull
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2003, 08:09:38 PM »
P4-2 Ghz  ATI 9700 Pro 128, 1 gig of ram

I spotted this same problem also.  All ships appear to be there except the CV.   It only appears once I am low on the deck and right over it.   Another issue is at a port.   At a distance the concrete the buildings sit on is visible, as is the bottom of the buildings showing up under the concrete.   As I approach, the buildings rise up out of the concrete.   One question I do have is, when you turn down the graphic level more then 1/4 of the way, the instruments seem to disappear completely.   Is this normal?   Other then some wierd frame rate issuses, the game looks great.  Thanks HTC for such a good new game, even if it is only a beta :).