Author Topic: In General Slow  (Read 469 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
In General Slow
« on: October 16, 2003, 05:28:56 PM »
Im experiencing most of the graphics glitches or fossiles already pointed out. What the BETA promises is wonderful. But the big question from my squad mates who dont have a 3.06Ghz game machine like I do is will the subsiquent releases cause the graphics engine to actually run playable on machines at the minimum end of the requirment spectrum?

Most of my squad cannnot afford to upgrade the whole machine. Some can afford a new graphics card. The general concensus is that they will not be able to afford playing AHII if the current dogging of their systems is what the production release will be.

I am seeing when I run the beta that it helps to have alot of CPU and a fast bus to run the application in its current incarnation without serious doging of the system or video stuttering.

My ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128 with the latest Catalyst 3.8 drivers and DirectX 9b renders faitfully everything you have made available in this release.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.