Author Topic: Advice on CPU + video card  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Advice on CPU + video card
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2003, 02:16:38 PM »
Saved ... this guy is MAW? :D

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2003, 03:36:02 PM »
To go farther on this I think I'll have to dig into CPU architectural differences between the Athlon, Athlon XP, and new Athlon 64 cores versus the Pentium 4.  Because of the architecture of the Pentium 4 vs the Athlon, the Pentium 4 spends a lot more time waiting for data to be read from and written to main memory than the Athlon.  This makes it more dependant on the FSB.  I know you guys would probably never forgive me if I left it at that, so I think I'll probably just start a new thread and repost what I've got here and expand on it.  I think if I keep going here I'll REALLY be hijacking this thread.

Offline minus

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2003, 11:42:14 AM »
Hi mister Mrblack, i run a ASetek wapochil,  and a AMD BARTONis it a 2800 + clocked on the  needs i have, well i can puch it around 3.2 Ghz or up  , all the rest is coled be ASetek  Waterchil,  well for me the big problem is the DDR3500   2 x 512 CORsair  , they owerheat  to much i thing, i have a home made big  pasive  colers glued on the  RAM, surface, i removed the originals plates , and glued  the new one , also have to use a Voltage modifications on my ASUS deluxe board  i have the REV 2  , discovered that even using onboard Sound card on Nvidia  chips set, giving trouble, after instaling  Audigy , stable,  beter, using the   ATI 9700 PRo what i bought last Xmas thx to the Scuzy sugestion cose i was ready to buy a MATROX parhelia,  at November last year but got a nice tip from Skuzy,

IF u run a real high end  all the CRAP around super uber PSU 550 W and up + all voltage mods + ram coling + Chip set coling  to get the thing  roling fine , for me it was a litle chalange  but now it works fine, waiting for the AMD 64  FX 51 to show up if price go around 600 EURO i em a buyer and  i again ask  do u people have problem coling rams ? cose i have and big time :D
« Last Edit: October 21, 2003, 11:45:54 AM by minus »

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2003, 12:04:36 PM »
Hey Bloom , Great post about pc cpu's . I even under stood most of it ...(I just wanted to say thanks over here then muding up your post ) :aok
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2003, 03:53:21 PM »
:eek:

wow thanks bloom :cool:
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2003, 04:17:53 PM »
Originally posted by minus
Hi mister Mrblack, i run a ASetek wapochil,  and a AMD BARTONis it a 2800 + clocked on the  needs i have, well i can puch it around 3.2 Ghz or up  , all the rest is coled be ASetek  Waterchil,  well for me the big problem is the DDR3500   2 x 512 CORsair  , they owerheat  to much i thing, i have a home made big  pasive  colers glued on the  RAM, surface, i removed the originals plates , and glued  the new one , also have to use a Voltage modifications on my ASUS deluxe board  i have the REV 2  , discovered that even using onboard Sound card on Nvidia  chips set, giving trouble, after instaling  Audigy , stable,  beter, using the   ATI 9700 PRo what i bought last Xmas thx to the Scuzy sugestion cose i was ready to buy a MATROX parhelia,  at November last year but got a nice tip from Skuzy,

IF u run a real high end  all the CRAP around super uber PSU 550 W and up + all voltage mods + ram coling + Chip set coling  to get the thing  roling fine , for me it was a litle chalange  but now it works fine, waiting for the AMD 64  FX 51 to show up if price go around 600 EURO i em a buyer and  i again ask  do u people have problem coling rams ? cose i have and big time :D

Ya Ram seems to be the limiting factor in our setups thats for sure.

We have the heat issue taken care of You might try some Mushkin pc3500 2x256 it is the BH-5 chips and I am having good luck with it.

Can get 315 FSB but for stability i run 300FSB.