Author Topic: Pricing doesn't bother me .. lag does!  (Read 121 times)

Sn1p3r

Pricing doesn't bother me .. lag does!
« on: October 28, 2000, 02:20:00 PM »
HTC,

I have no problem with your attempts to find a suitable pricing structure for everyone.  What I think has been overlooked is the increase in active flying accounts now due to the survey.  I logged on last night to find almost 150 people on-line.  When I tried to fly, any engagement I got into I either saw warps or was accused of warping.  I have a cable modem and my connect is always rock solid.  Please tell me this is just because these new subscribers are downloading the game... and if this is the case, then please consider finding a permanent mirror so that when you release new versions or surveys, that the rest of us don't suffer the downloads of the many while we try to enjoy this great addiction!

Thanks,

-Sn1p3r

Offline fradim

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2000, 08:43:00 PM »
Dunno why, but tonite I have experienced the worst cnx ever. It was REALLY frustrating :-(

BTW, I respect friends here who fights for a lower price but I will gladly pay more if it avoids lag !

Sn1p3r

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2000, 01:36:00 PM »
<punt>

Again last night the MA was full of warps.  My three squadmates experienced the same situation.

HTC, please look at the server/bandwith.  The warps just started after your survey.

-Sn1p3r

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2000, 08:21:00 AM »
Gentlemen,...did you try both connections to the main arena?  The ALT connection says it is closed, but it is not.

Also, when you have problems like this, it would be very beneficial to post traceroutes to the "Internet Forum".  I wll always endeavor to analyze this information and post ideas and solutions.

It may also show routing problems that may, otherwise, go unnoticed.

Also, I try to log into the main arena at least once a day, usually between the hours of 3:00pm and 5:00pm CST.  I will always try to help out people during the times I am logged on.

If you don't know how to get the traceroute information, please ask me in the Internet forum, or when I am online.

The basic way, is to open a DOS box and run both of the following commands, then "copying" the output and posting it to the Internet forum.

tracert beta.hitechcreations.com
tracert alt.hitechcreations.com

These are to the two connections to the AH servers.

Hope this helps.

------------------
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
President, AppLink Corp.
http://www.applink.net
skuzzy@applink.net
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com