Author Topic: I Hate to spoil Christmas for the kiddies BUT...  (Read 348 times)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
I Hate to spoil Christmas for the kiddies BUT...
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2000, 03:04:00 PM »
You're missing the point Creamo...it's OK to kill and eat cows, 'cause they ain't purty like deer  :rooleyes:
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Regurge

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2000, 03:35:00 PM »
Creamo, go easy on Eagler he cant help it that he's a Tampon  

Come down to Gainesville in winter, the deer are jumpin all over the friggin roads. Especially when i'm driving my '68 VW Beetle with bad shocks and brakes.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2000, 03:49:00 PM »

Originally posted by Regurge:
Creamo, go easy on Eagler he cant help it that he's a Tampon  

Come down to Gainesville in winter, the deer are jumpin all over the friggin roads. Especially when i'm driving my '68 VW Beetle with bad shocks and brakes.

Yep we have rednecks here too (many of my friends).. If it wasn't for UF (great med school) and the Gators (my college football team), Gainesville would be Lake City, flashing red light with a Wendy's and a gas station

You're missing the point Creamo...it's OK to kill and eat cows, 'cause they ain't purty like deer :rooleyes:

Exactly !!  

I understand overpopulation guys and I guess to each his own, just seems like a waste. If I lived in the woods, days trip to the local market, ya then I'd hunt. Just don't see any sport in gunning down a dumb animal. Grab your bottle of Jack, a 30-30 and go sit in the woods, yeehaw !! Rather be fishing or golfing myself.

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2000, 04:12:00 PM »
Rednecks? I read about this type of labeling people once...something about ignorance and it's a bad idea or something.

Dumb Animals? Oh my...

Ill give you a Bow, and good hunting land, you TRY and kill something, wait, even take a picture of a deer. If you've never done it, the best you would do is stink up the place, and hear pissed off squirels chirpin at you. Then you'll be miffed why Bambi didn't come lick your Cow leather boots.

I still can't fathom why harvesting deer is a WASTE to people? Explain that one. What else is going to kill them? Cars? Winter? Starvation?

Wolves are supposed to I guess, but you probably killed their pups when your golf course owners leveled the 500 acres of forest with bulldozer burying the poor little fury things in their Den.  

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2000, 04:32:00 PM »

Originally posted by Eagler:

I understand overpopulation guys and I guess to each his own, just seems like a waste. If I lived in the woods, days trip to the local market, ya then I'd hunt. Just don't see any sport in gunning down a dumb animal. Grab your bottle of Jack, a 30-30 and go sit in the woods, yeehaw !! Rather be fishing or golfing myself.

Eagler

Eagler,

So in your opinion it's ok to bait a fish with a food item and hook him into the boat as opposed to getting out and hunting it in it's natural environment. Can we say hypocrisy??

Note here for ya. There are more whitetail deer in US and over a larger range than in the early 1700's. It wasn't ASPCA, greenpiece, animal rites activists (misspellings intentional) that did this either. Hunters and the various game and fish agencies helped to spread deer.

For a hunter, being a part of nature is normal. They generally understand the critters they are after and how there is a balance in nature. They also realize that unless mankind uses a means to manage wildlife there will be a heavy penalty to pay in starvation and disease reducing the game (and non game) populations, some to zero. Hunters also know that nature isn't some disney film about talking animals trekking across the country or some animated cartoon depicting animals as people. Nature is also not the grocery store down the street where you pay for someone else to provide the food you eat.

When I hunt I use a black powder rifle, just like the 1850's time frame. No scope, cartridges or second shot and also get to inside of 100 yards. That's kinda difficult where there isn't much of an obstruction to vision under 1000 yards here in Southern Arizona. If I get a deer, great. If I don't (and I am at 20% success rate) that is great too. I had a great time out in the wild again away from paved roads, central heating and mostly people. Yes I hunt alone and have never had so much as a single beer in my camp. Those I have met in my hunting areas also know that it is tough hunting and they are dedicated to the task. You can party at home, unless your wife won't let you of course.

I won't defend slob hunters any more than I will defend slob pilots, drivers, golfers, scuba divers, animal rights terrorists or any other idiot. They harm all forms of human endeavor they fall into.

You want to fish or golf, have at it and I hope you have a great time. Just don't disparage my hobby because you don't want to do it or don't understand it.

<rant off>

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2000, 04:49:00 PM »

Originally posted by Creamo:

Wolves are supposed to I guess, but you probably killed their pups when your golf course owners leveled the 500 acres of forest with bulldozer burying the poor little fury things in their Den.    

Touche'

<S>

Creamo

Point well taken

<S>

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2000, 05:30:00 PM »
Mein Gott Creamo!

Looks like ya finally got thru to one of them!

I am humble before your greatness!

....and Eagler, at least you're a bit open-minded. I appreciate that as well.

Some of us would just rather do it ourselves than pay the hired "animal assassin" down at the meat packing plant. It doesn't HAVE to be thoughtless slaughter; it can be done with respect and appreciation for the animal.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!