Author Topic: AH2 Beta Issues  (Read 2069 times)

Offline maik

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg301.de
AH2 Beta Issues
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2003, 01:53:20 AM »
What to hell is going on here????

Calling other people names isn't very...., oh well.

K-Ken has a valid point here and he brought it up in a mature way. I see no reason for bashing him.

OTH, I disagree with you K-Ken. This isn't a typical Beta test, maybe the Titel is kinda misleading. But with Reading the newspost and Skuzzy Stickies it comes quiet clear the we are ONLY testing the graphics engine to maske it more stable. Which imho is kinda great to be involved in at this stage.

I do understand why HTC is choosing this strategy, because they are just a 7 person company.

For those who don't like it just quit participating at this stage and wait for the start of the online-beta.

An those who like, like me, just keep testing and if you find something, post it.

But quit bashing on anybody who is posting his concerns about this kind of a "beta test", especially when it's brought up in a way Ken just did.

You guys are more annoyin then most of the "crybabys" :rolleyes:.

regards

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
AH2 Beta Issues
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2003, 02:35:36 AM »
lucull is basically right.  In some games, this WOULD most likely be a closed beta.  That is beside the point, though.  I've played and beta tested many games.   AH is different.  It seems to be more of a community, and for the most part the players are happy to participate.

With the exception of a few, most people got it.  My interpretation is this:

Instead of doing a closed beta, HT released it to the community with specific areas he wanted tested.  This served a few purposes.  It gives us a taste of what's to come (if you can look past the problems) which I appreciate, and it gives him a much broader range of systems to test AH2 on.  You are under no obligation to test the game.  If you do, however, then report the problems in the areas he asked, and give your system specs.

Once they work on that, then we move on to the next stage.  If you want to test the "ack that doesn't fire" and the "drones that don't blow up", then wait until that stage of the beta.  HT isn't there yet.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
AH2 Beta Issues
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2003, 08:41:19 AM »
Ya know, K-Ken, I respect your opinion and position...but public outbursts and whines like yours are what push folks like HTC into closed beta testing versus open...like we have now.  You're stomping your feet, complaining like a 4 year old.  If you've been in other beta programs, I'm completely fascinated they kept you for any duration of time.  I've been involved in several beta projects and prefer the open ones since *everyone* gets to try it, give input and help shape the product.

I mean, c'mon...using the term "sucks" its hardly a measure of testing...:rolleyes:

Suck it up, its only going to get better.

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
AH2 Beta Issues
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2003, 09:13:04 AM »
Wow K-ken you are complaining about stuff that dosnt even partain to this beta. No offence man but all that extra crap your whineing about besides framerates shouldnt matter at this point.

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
AH2 Beta Issues
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2003, 09:51:35 AM »
So,K- Ken, your machine did'nt lock-up or crash ?
 yay, thats All HT wants to know
the rest will come later

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
AH2 Beta Issues
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2003, 10:13:53 AM »
dolt    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (dlt)
n.
A stupid person; a dunce; K-KEN.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
AH2 Beta Issues
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2003, 11:50:42 AM »
Originally posted by K-KEN
No offense taken sir, I just read the post you linked.  (for the first time)

You're definition of Beta testing is understood by me, what I do not understand, is,  what benchmark did you set this by??  Surely, you have a minimum standard.  When did you test this and what were "your" results??  You see, I don't have a problem testing, what I have a problem with,  is "testing for you".  You should be satisfied with your results, long before,  I get the opportunity to try my hand at it.  Are you getting the same results as me??  Was your testing giving you different readings??
Why not post your PC settings and stats for us to decipher.  Are you getting slow frame rates?  Is your Video locking up or slowing to a crawl??  What is your OS, RAM, Video and settings?  (ram)

I guess I am not going to be satisfied with the usual corporate-non-answer.  You have to satisfy me, the consumer.  skuzzy, address the issues at hand.  I love AH, but I do not want to see another AW going down the tubes.  Answer my questions, with specifics.  You know we all are flying under different settings.  

I still fly and enjoy the SIM.  However, the connectivity issues and other issues loom large for some of my squad.  (with this version)
I'd rather spend another year in this version, than to upgrade to something that is unplayable.

K-KEN  

http://www.cutthroats.com/

I don't think anyone is forcing you to participate in this beta...if it makes you uncomfortable, bow out....to complain about it here is kinda silly.

Offline acepilot2

• Silver Member
AH2 Beta Issues
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2003, 01:41:26 PM »
Originally posted by K-KEN
Since I have been compromised and accosted by several folks, it doesn't matter to me.  I didn't get a satisfactory reply, and therefore, you will get the same.  My account still speaks for itself.  Once you "go forward" to the new platform, it will speak again. I thought my input was important.  

lucall, never crossed yer ICON or death in my text buffer.
I have to assume, you are a BB monkey.  

OK, you want input....
Graphics..... Planes are awesome, except I hate the mouse views.  Did I say, I hate the rear view of the 109??  I hate all the views and settings

The Bases.  Well, I have seen better graphics in the current version in the last 2 or 3 scenarios.  (Midway, Okinawa, ... Yes, better!!  )

Frame rate....sucks.  Of course, this is offline.  Online should be a new and wonderful experience.  

The Hangar: Nothing indicated when ya hit the fuel pad to load fuel. (guess that's normal)

The KI256 indicator is a black and white screen that has no indication, and the Autopilot sux.  It won't work for me.  I set it, and the plane consistantly rolls to the left.  Also, guns or ammo loads are blank screens.

The landing gear in the 109 floats above the wings when it is retracted.

The ack at the nmy bases does not fire.

Planes that are drones can be killed, but they do not explode, they just disappear.  But I can crash into them.

Some base targets will show hits but not die.  Radar tower is one, when tring to kill it in a tank.  I showed sprites, but nothing after 30 rounds of HE

Did I say frame rates??  They suck!

Navigation in the NEW SIM sucks too.    I found myself wallowing around for a while looking for "Exit".  Alt + F4 always works.
The new O'Club is cool, what does it do?? Can you plan a mission there??  Or is it just a place to drink and be merry??  Didn'
t find that option.

OK, flight characteristics, the planes fly "funny".  Not the same.  Autopilot settings do not work for me.  If I use Shift +X the plane veers left, and never levels, or stabilizes to the CR.  If I use Alt + X the plane veers left, and never levels or climbs and stabilizes.  If I put the plane in level flight, and then do X  the plane might fly level. (in most tries)

So now, does this make me a bad tester??  Or did I just repeat what others have posted?

:rolleyes:

*sigh*

omg...

It was said above, but once again, It's beta, stupid

Offline Modas

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
AH2 Beta Issues
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2003, 03:42:45 PM »
Y'all must forgive KKEN...

He's a grumpy bastard when we steal his sheep and rum.

KKEN, report to the MiG for latrine duty for stirring up such a hornets nest :D

sorry squaddie, I had to get in the thread before it got locked :D.  Stop by and I'll give ya the sheep with the ribbon back.

:p

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
AH2 Beta Issues
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2003, 12:08:33 AM »
Here let me help you it's a BETA BETA

If you don't like it don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya:D

Can people really be this stupid?
All they are asking is that IF you WANT to you MAY take part in TESTING the BETA .
So they can get a baseline on many different machines.
In no way shape form or fashion is this a final version of the game.

And my God if you are to silly to undertsand that then please move along kindergarden is waiting.:aok

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
AH2 Beta Issues
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2003, 12:09:38 AM »
I really AM a DOLT!  Jeez guys,  thanks for the eye-opener.  I just took the time to read other posts in the AH2 "other" forum.  Since they have set certain standards to test, I see no problem in trying to test just that part of it.  Sadly, when I started flying here in open beta 1999, we all just flew the 4 planes or so and reported what we saw.  The model was already "online compatible".  This is now starting from scratch.  I am cool with that.  Going to the tower, drink a beer...change video settings (is that drink another beer?) or sumpthin I do on the PC??  :)  Change settings...or drink another beer??  :D  I might like this kinda beta testing.

Of course, I still stand by my original post, with reservations.  If ya don't like it, byte me.  :)  I find that I have made many new friends and enemas in this thread.  :rofl

Here is lookin' at ewe!

K-KEN  

http://www.cutthroats.com/

OS Name   Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition   
Version   5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600   
OS Manufacturer   Microsoft Corporation   
System Name   GAMER   
System Manufacturer   Dell Computer Corporation   
System Model   Dimension 8300   
System Type   X86-based PC   
Processor   x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~2593 Mhz   
BIOS Version/Date   Dell Computer Corporation A01, 4/28/2003   
SMBIOS Version   2.3   
Windows Directory   C:\WINDOWS   
System Directory   C:\WINDOWS\System32   
Boot Device   \Device\HarddiskVolume2   
Locale   United States   
Hardware Abstraction Layer   Version = "5.1.2600.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)"   
User Name   GAMER\Ken   
Time Zone   Eastern Daylight Time   
Total Physical Memory   1,024.00 MB   
Available Physical Memory   688.88 MB

Sound:  Name   Creative SB Live! Series (WDM)   
Manufacturer   Creative Technology Ltd.

Video :   Name   NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200   
PNP Device ID   PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0322&SUBSYS_01B910DE&REV_A1\4&30651773&0&0008   
Adapter Type   GeForce FX 5200, NVIDIA compatible   
Adapter Description   NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200   
Adapter RAM   128.00 MB (134,217,728 bytes)   
Installed Drivers   nv4_disp.dll   
Driver Version   6.14.10.4523   
INF File   oem23.inf (nv4_NV3x section)   
Color Planes   1   
Color Table Entries   4294967296   
Resolution   1024 x 768 x 75 hertz   
Bits/Pixel   32

Offline Area 51

• Zinc Member
AH2 Beta Issues
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2003, 12:16:35 AM »
no kidding hehehe.  I like the BBS we are in too "BETA ISSUES" not "BETA FINAL PRODUCT"

A51

Offline MaddDog

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
wow
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2003, 01:09:36 AM »
when i think ive seen it all, some people never cease to amaze me, i still dont understand how when its been posted about 5 times by Skuzzy and HT about what needs to be tested and whats to expect in the open BETA, people waste their time posting garbage, nicely enough Skuzzy and HT explain it again, still they post the garbage, and no im not kissing anyones arses if i had problems with the game id flat out say it but when theyve already told me what to expect and they gave me exactly that, i see no reason to whine especially when they were just being nice to release it in the first place, its not like you or i are forced to test the beta, if you dont like you can freely play the version out rightnow and waite for AH2 or a more developed BETA, as for what we got now i didnt expect much more from a whole new graphics system etc that was made by a 7 man team in the very 1st BETA release, im happy with working on this BETA and look forward to see it getting better over time, at least we have something to do now besides sit and waite for Screens to be posted. You can call me a "cheerleader" if youd like, i just thought this was all common sence and for the majority of the community it seems they understand this also, but i guess theres always the select few.:rolleyes:

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
AH2 Beta Issues
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2003, 07:32:53 AM »
This thread it done.  You want to take personal potshots, this is not the board for it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com