Author Topic: SUnrise/Sunset/clouds-i see none  (Read 103 times)

wulf_pilot

SUnrise/Sunset/clouds-i see none
« on: October 29, 2000, 06:18:00 PM »
I was looking at screens of this game before i downloaded it and i saw clouds and sunset effects.  I saw clouds in the beta terrain but i never see them in sfterr.  also i see no sunrise etc. am i missing something here.  thanks

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2000, 08:02:00 PM »
Clouds are cutting bad at some folks framerate (reading your specs I believe they would for you too), so their ammount was limited to make the game playable for people with low-end machines. Keep looking for them, they are there.
As for the sunset/rise, AH's internal clock runs in realtime I think. Nights are currently cut out tho, but that still makes for about 12 hour day-cycles. I guess you just haven't been at the right times.
Look at the clock somewhere in your cockpit, it will show the ingame time. Sun rises at about 6AM and it sets at about 6PM. Like I said it magically jumps over the night at the moment.
Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2000, 09:31:00 PM »
Type in .time "hours" "minutes" "multiplier" to change the time in offline of H2H if you're the host. Eg: .time 5 30 0 will make it nighttime, and time will be frozen.