Author Topic: Question about FM arguing?  (Read 650 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Question about FM arguing?
« on: June 24, 2001, 09:46:00 PM »
There is a lot of FM arguing and it seems there are really only two sides at the current time.

There are those who seem to feel AH is lacking in some respect, and could maybe use some changes sometime.

And those who seem to feel AH is perfect, needs no changes ever, and attack those above.

Is there anyone who is in the middle?

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2001, 09:57:00 PM »
yes there is a middle

i think the current flight model is the best of any out there. could it use improvement? yes. pyro himself said some things are wrong and theyre workingon them.

what bugs me is the uneducated guys who insist that 1.03 was good and they want it back. trust me, 1.03 was wrong.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2001, 09:59:00 PM »
Guess I'd be in the middle.

I think AH is pretty D good for a PC simulation/game.

OTOH, there are a few things in the FM that make me go "hmmmmm".

OTOOH, I know that Dale and Doug are sitting down there right now in Grapevine deeply in thought over how they are going to make further improvements to the FM.

...and down OTOF (foot) I know that whenever someone can actually document a problem it gets fixed faster than it would in any other ACM game I've ever played.

So, I guess I just Play The Game and have fun. Then about every month or two HTC sends me a free upgrade to the program that makes it even better...... so I just Play The Game...

and be Happy.

"Don't worry...beee Happy!"

:D

[ 06-24-2001: Message edited by: Toad ]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline DeeZCamp

• Banned
  • Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2001, 11:46:00 PM »
Good point also toad <S>
I still have FM issues though hehe  ;)  :p

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2001, 11:57:00 PM »
There are those who seem to feel AH is lacking in some respect, and could maybe use some changes sometime.

And those who seem to feel AH is perfect, needs no changes ever, and attack those above.

Dammit Grun, post when you're sober!  ;)  You're making it sound as if everyone who posts about changes they'd like to see do it respectfully and calmly, and then get flamed by meanie cheerleaders.  You know that ain't true...well, usually not true anyway  :)

There are at least two different kinds of people who argue that the FM has inaccuracies.  Those who actually present some sort of data to add weight to their argument, and those who argue ad nauseum how it's wrong because "it feels wrong".  While the former certainly aren't immune from flames, it's usually the latter that attracts the majority of them.  Also, data or not, there are good and bad ways to present an argument and posters can run the spectrum between Super-nice to Ultra-amazinhunk.

I just like AH.  It ain't perfect, nothing is.  However, I believe that Pyro & HT are trying to make it as close to what they deem perfect as they can.  They know what they're doing, and it just keeps getting better and better.  In other words, I take what they give me and haven't been disappointed yet.  I see nothing wrong with asking for changes to suit your taste tho', assuming you're willing to take "no" for an answer.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2001, 12:08:00 AM »
I honestly wouldn't know right FM from wrong FM.

I just know I like the game and can't wait for new terrain.

Zigs charts did help me understand a lot more though.

Sax

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2001, 01:29:00 AM »
There are also those that feel the FM is so screwed up that they must attack anyone that thinks otherwise.

There are also those that feel the FM is pretty good and changes are needed, but only the right changes... and only with factual documentation.

There are also those that feel the FM must be bad because they get shot down by planes they feel aren't capable of doing it.  Of course, the pilots have nothing to do with the numbers.

Then there are those that feel the need to quit because they are always attacked for merely attacking others.

AKDejaVu

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2001, 07:02:00 AM »
Perk the niki, take a CLOSE look at the LW guns, fix the 190 single ping kills engine problem.

But whatever you do leave my LA-7 alone!

:)

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2001, 07:32:00 AM »
The FM can be improved, no question.

But comparing it to another game or saying "Hey I like how ---- models this compared to AH" with no data, or anything remotely close except for "well, it just feels better" is rediculous. HiTech is one smart bellybutton guy, I have no doubt that in the end we'll get something that whoops everything else's bellybutton (because HiTech is smart.. remember this).
-SW

Offline Checksix

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2001, 07:47:00 AM »
its always easy to know here when its Monday morning again.  :D