Author Topic: if you hate fox news  (Read 428 times)

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
if you hate fox news
« on: October 27, 2003, 07:11:09 PM »
or have a short attention span.. (this is a long read)

Any article that mentions Fox, Southpark and Dennis Miller (too name a few) is worthy :)

link

A few choice cuts !
---------------------------------
in Brit Hume’s urbane nightly Special Report, for example, the civility elevates rather than belittles the viewer. For Ailes, Fox’s anti-elitism is key. “There’s a whole country that elitists will never acknowledge,” he told the New York Times Magazine. “What people resent deeply out there are those in the ‘blue’ states thinking they’re smarter.”

I quit watching ABC after watching the panel ( a evenly mixed one at that)

Many conservatives have attacked South Park for its exuberant vulgarity, calling it “twisted,” “vile trash,” a “threat to our youth.” Such denunciations are misguided. Conservative critics should pay closer attention to what South Park so irreverently jeers at and mocks. As the show’s co-creator, 32-year-old Matt Stone, sums it up: “I hate conservatives, but I really ****ing hate liberals.”

South Park sharpens the iconoclastic, anti-PC edge of earlier cartoon shows like The Simpsons and King of the Hill, and spares no sensitivity. The show’s single black kid is called Token. One episode, “Cripple Fight,” concludes with a slugfest between the boys’ wheelchair-bound, cerebral-palsy-stricken friend Timmy and the obnoxious Jimmy, who wants to be South Park’s Number One “handi-capable” citizen (in his cringe-making PC locution). In another, “Rainforest Schmainforest,” the boys’ school sends them on a field trip to Costa Rica, led by an activist choir group, “Getting Gay with Kids,” which wants to raise youth awareness about “our vanishing rain forests.” Shown San José, Costa Rica’s capital, the boys are unimpressed:

Cartman [holding his nose]: Oh my God, it smells like bellybutton out here!
Choir teacher: All right, that does it! Eric Cartman, you respect other cultures this instant.
Cartman: I wasn’t saying anything about their culture, I was just saying their city smells like ass.

one of my favorite shows

Dennis Miller, another Saturday Night Live alum, whose 2003 HBO stand-up comedy special The Raw Feed relentlessly derides liberal shibboleths. In his stream-of-consciousness rants, whose cumulative effect gets audiences roaring with laughter, Miller blasts the teachers’ unions for opposing vouchers, complains about the sluggish work habits of government workers (“ironically, in our highly driven culture, it would appear the only people not interested in pushing the envelope are postal employees”), and attacks opponents of Alaskan oil-drilling for “playing the species card.”

I bet Al Franken loves him

The Drudge Report is a perfect case in point. Five years since Matt Drudge broke the Monica Lewinsky story, his news and gossip site has become an essential daily visit for political junkies, journalists, media types, and—with 1.4 billion hits in 2002—seemingly anyone with an Internet connection. The site features occasional newsworthy items investigated and written by Drudge, but mostly it’s an editorial filter, linking to stories on other small and large news and opinion sites—a filter that crucially exhibits no bias against the Right. (Drudge, a registered Republican, calls himself “a pro-life conservative who doesn’t want the government to tax me.”)

He has the best links on the internet

Ok btw the media is still to liberal :)

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
if you hate fox news
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2003, 07:47:32 PM »
I love Southpark for just what you mentioned, it is anti-pc, makes fun of everyone.    I just love it when it nails some real life people.

King of the Hill is another favorite for many of the same reasons. It is sadly one of the only television shows, even though a cartoon, where the wife in a relationship is allowed to look stupid.

In just about every sitcom today, the husband is protrayed as a bumbling, insensitive *******, while the wife is an intelligent long suffering tower of strength.   Such BS.

Fun to see a show, even a cartoon balance the sides a little and making fun of liberals is great too.   :aok

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
if you hate fox news
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2003, 08:01:26 PM »
Originally posted by Dago

In just about every sitcom today, the husband is protrayed as a bumbling, insensitive *******, while the wife is an intelligent long suffering tower of strength.   Such BS.

Fun to see a show, even a cartoon balance the sides a little and making fun of liberals is great too.   :aok

dago

hehe... I remember my dad saying the same thing back in the early 80's.

A similar thing that really pisses me off is the portrayal of women in the USAF.  Now, don't get me wrong as I have absolutely no problem with women serving in the military, or even going into combat (don't think they should really but I'm not really "against" it).  However, if you look at Air Force advertisements, or the Air Force Times, or Airman magazine... you'd think EVERY FRIGGIN SECRUITY FORCES PERSON IN THE AIR FORCE IS A WOMAN!!  In reality, the percentages are HEAVILY male... I guess they just wanna be PC.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
if you hate fox news
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2003, 08:09:38 PM »
TUMOR,

I have to TOTALLY agree with you.  Did you notice when the first pictures of the new ugly USAF uniforms came out the pic was of a female.  As if its gonna look the same on a male (specially because there are gender diferentiated cuts to the uniform now)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
if you hate fox news
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2003, 08:48:42 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
TUMOR,

I have to TOTALLY agree with you.  Did you notice when the first pictures of the new ugly USAF uniforms came out the pic was of a female.  As if its gonna look the same on a male (specially because there are gender diferentiated cuts to the uniform now)

ya ya I noticed :rolleyes:   Did you notice SHE WAS SECURTY FORCES? lol

...I do like the new uniform though.  Betcha they drop the Jarhead style hat though.  Now if we could just get rid of the panzy looking Blue dress uniform.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
if you hate fox news
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2003, 09:05:07 PM »
panzy looking Blue dress uniform

"attention ladies and gentlmen...the aircraft you are on has 4 emergancy exits located forward and aft.  You seat can be used as a flotation device.....bla bla bla....I'll be serving you penuts later....bla bla bla":cool:

what's your AFSC....i've been in about a year, did 6 for the corps, prior service.  I'm 2a6x3, egress

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
if you hate fox news
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2003, 09:28:37 PM »
Originally posted by Dago

King of the Hill is another favorite for many of the same reasons. It is sadly one of the only television shows, even though a cartoon, where the wife in a relationship is allowed to look stupid.

dago

I always looked at Peg as sensible in a country sorta way :)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
if you hate fox news
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2003, 09:38:22 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger

what's your AFSC....i've been in about a year, did 6 for the corps, prior service.  I'm 2a6x3, egress

10yrs Security Police, comin up on 8yrs in Intelligence (1N071).  Shoulda cross-trained MUCH earlier lol.

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
Re: if you hate fox news
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2003, 10:19:50 PM »
Television is a metrosexual cesspool.

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
if you hate fox news
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2003, 11:41:54 PM »
LOL

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
if you hate fox news
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2003, 11:43:05 PM »
I always looked at Peg as sensible in a country sorta way

Is your real name Bill?  :)

Peg is a dumbbass in so many ways.  Her desire to be important and her ego isn't far off base with some women I have known.  

Dale Dribble is funny, but Boomhower is the best.  Dang'o man.

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"