Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
But you calling me a backseat driver is the epitome of irony™.

Give me a break
Aces High General Discussion / Re: IL2 as an alternate - been a while
« Last post by Animl-AW on Today at 05:12:13 PM »
Idiot.
« Last post by hazmatt on Today at 05:07:19 PM »
Cheech, Mailman, 49ers, me and quite a flew others are on IL2.
They have servers from air start with icons  and no engine management like AH3 (normal server)
To air-start with no icons and having to manage engine (dogfight server)
To scenario type servers where the fight lasts for a couple hours. (Combat box, Wings of Freedom and Finish pilots for example)
Combat box is usually the busiest during US times. All the other servers tend to top out around 2PM EST on weekdays.

You're going to want to setup IL2 SRS (simpleradio standalone) If you want to talk with the tower and command and other players on Combatbox. You can get vectors to enemy or call for help and have other planes vectored to you position by command on channel 1. You can also request a callsign from the tower on channel 2.
Make sure you get the IL2 version and not the DCS version. They are different.

Also you are going to want to get VR Necksafer if you use VR.

Feel free to PM me or look for =HazMatt= over there.

There's also a thread in O'club you might find useful.

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,408729.0.html

Hope that helps.
« Last post by Lusche on Today at 04:45:31 PM »
That's an O'club topic, isn't it? :police:
The O' Club / Re: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable
« Last post by CptTrips on Today at 04:43:29 PM »
Is there something wrong with that? Looks normal to me. Apart from the lunatic behind the stick.  ;)

Now I understand. An AH comparison.

Just to demonstrate that when a camera is in follow, fixed to CoG, they always look like they are balanced on the head of a pin.  There is nothing wrong with DCS having that effect too, it is a side effect of the camera reference.  As can be seen in this AH example as well. 

It looks different when fixed camera and fly-past.  A camera effect not a flaw in the FM.
Aces High General Discussion / IL2 as an alternate - been a while
« Last post by HamrDown on Today at 04:15:58 PM »
Anyone else move to IL2? I am looking to find multiplayer servers or anything close to AH3, have discord already.  Heard about combatpilot.com, looks good, made by some old time coders from fighter ace and air warrior, but is a year from releasing.
I'm confident it's the provider as I mentioned. Somewhere there's a routing table that wasn't updated. But you calling me a backseat driver is the epitome of irony™.
It's on the provider and it isn't rocket science. A transition like this should go more smoothly. Maybe Boeing sub contracted the job.

Backseat driving isn’t helpful.

HT was working on it last night, it was shut down again. Its not like he changed it and whipped the bird. He obviously has good intensions.

The problem may not be on his end. We don’t know yet. We are guessing.

My ping is 45-50

It sure seems to be on the user end.

The O' Club / Re: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable
« Last post by AKIron on Today at 03:55:40 PM »
Is there something wrong with that? Looks normal to me. Apart from the lunatic behind the stick.  ;)

Now I understand. An AH comparison.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10