Author Topic: I am starting to not think Bush is the right man for the Job.  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
I am starting to not think Bush is the right man for the Job.
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2004, 01:18:25 AM »
Watching a few of the Demo debates, the guy who really impresses me is Al Sharpton.  

I agree with only 10% of his positions, but when he says something, you know he's being honest in what he's saying.  He says what he believes, not what he thinks you want to hear.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2004, 08:54:05 AM »
That being said: Osama knows about the constitution and I can easily see his organization attempting to recruit US citizens and have operatives gain citizenship for the sole purpose of using constitutional protections to aid them in their designs of harming this nation. Hell, I think its a no brainer. The man you refer to has been cleared of any wrong doing and I will not second guess the government in time of war on how it deals with such issues. It appears to have concluded successfully in that mans case. He can either accept it or revoke his citizenship and leave the country.

Yeager, you do realize that it was attitudes like yours that allowed Adolf Hitler to outlaw civil rights in Germany shortly after being appointed Chancellor, right?

I'm not calling you a Nazi, that's not the point.

The point is, it was precisley that attitude, the attitude of "Well, gee, we're in a bad way and the leader(der Fuhrer) has a plan to lead us out of this mess, so let's just go along with him and see what happens."

If you are a citizen of a democracy, it is your right...nay, your duty, to question and speak up when civil rights are being denied to citizens.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2004, 09:01:18 AM »
Originally posted by banana

If you are a citizen of a democracy, it is your right...nay, your duty, to question and speak up when civil rights are being denied to citizens.

Could you tell me what specific civil rights you are currently being denied and how that is affecting your life?

Offline narsus

• Silver Member
      • http://www.blueknightsdvb.com
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2004, 09:08:32 AM »
Rip

It has nothing to do with how it is affecting me, but how it is affecting citizens of the U.S. this blind faith in the governement is dangerous.

Our governement tested nerve agents on it's own soldiers, yes they voluteered but did they "really" know what they were getting into.

Our government set up detention camps for Japanese Americans during WWII.

Our government is holding prisoners in Cuba with no trial whether in the US or internationally.

It is our duty to speak up for others no just be selfish and speak for ourselves. I have to agree with banana here if they started karting off "all" muslims citizens to be deported or put in detention camps to protect other american citizens would you speak up then?

Offline Ripper29

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2004, 09:09:31 AM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
[B

I do not know how to say "aye" in every sentence either. [/B]

Sailors say "aye", "eh'"

:p

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2004, 09:15:25 AM »
Originally posted by narsus
Rip

It has nothing to do with how it is affecting me, but how it is affecting citizens of the U.S. this blind faith in the governement is dangerous.

Its not "blind" and I have "Faith". This is just your opinion. Please, tell me how its affecting you today, or what kind of scenario do you personally see yourself in, in the future.  Do you really think this Gov't is going to start camps for Muslims? :rofl

Offline narsus

• Silver Member
      • http://www.blueknightsdvb.com
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2004, 09:20:46 AM »
It was an example Rip, as I said the point is not to be selfish and just think about yourself.

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2004, 09:29:47 AM »
Gunslinger: -Bush has bailed out everyone from farmers to airlines in order to keep the business going  I dont particularly agree with that in a free society but it is in the long term good for the economy....BTW its on the up as of late

By forcing the resources of the society to be invested into unprofitable ventures instead of being invested in more productive ones, the economy is harmed in short and long term.

Bailing out and keeping alive the horse-carriage trade in 1900 would not have benefitted us.
 Supporting orange-growing in Michihgan instead of making carse there and exchanging for orenges from Chilie would also have made us work more for less.

The point of economy is to produce more with the lest effort, not the other way around. Airlines had overcapacity and were sick before 9/11 - they invested too much resources already and employed labor and capital unproductively because they made bad desisions. Sinking in more resources to back them up would just prevent their more efficient use.

The level of development in US is so high, that it's a waste to use labor and capital in small farms if we can produce more value elsewhere and import the grain/cotton from the countries that di not have ability to produce more sophisticated goods.
 The issue of self-sufficiency in case of war or trade breakdown would be cheaper addressed by creating a 10-year store of imported commodities than keeping the sick industries alive.

miko

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2004, 09:34:00 AM »
The issue of self-sufficiency in case of war or trade breakdown would be cheaper addressed by creating a 10-year store of imported commodities than keeping the sick industries alive.

Cheaper, maybe. But not smarter. I agree with you on sick industries, Miko. But some important industries, like farming, need to be "cured", not "euthanized."

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2004, 09:38:27 AM »
If you care about guns and Hot Rods and illegal immigration... trading Bush for anyone else out there who has a chance is insane.

All of the bad things that have to do with losing our gun rights and car rights and illegals all happened because of the democrats.  give em control and watch how fast your freedom evaporates... you won't even get a say.   you won't even have time to say... "can they do that?"    You want diane finestein having more control over what you shoot and drive and who is allowed into your country?   That is what it is all about.  

If a libertarian has a chance or if the democrat appears to be losing by a landslide... it is good to vote libertarian to show contempt but otherwise.... voting against democrats is just too important an American duty to take lightly.

lazs

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2004, 09:50:29 AM »
yeah miko

guess if not for 9/11 the airlines would have gone bust eh?

and to become anymore dependent on imports (trade cars for food) would be foolish as how long would they want evil american cars and to feed the great satan?

keep our farmers producing our food - thx anyways
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals