Author Topic: Thursday Night  (Read 355 times)

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Thursday Night
« on: March 05, 2004, 05:06:31 PM »
I dont know how to explain this politicly. You guys know I suck at that!

Last night was squad night in the CT. Everyone knows that. It was a big disapointment that a few guys that went to a lot of F!@# trouble to plan a mission just for the map to be porked down to just a few bases. I as well as a few others are a bit tired of it. I like the CT but it is hard to plan a mission in advance for it to get porked by the idiotic base capture crap. Actullay, the base capture may not be so bad if the CM for the week would reset it if requested by email.......as it was so requested. This was thursday night, the last night. What would it have hurt to reset the fields requested? I flew one sorty (lived) and killed a few in a field gun then logged.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Thursday Night
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 06:15:23 PM »
I was flying Axis last night when you guys were on and I repeatedly pleaded with some folks to stop taking bases. They continued to beg for "troops at xx", so basically they ignored me, but I want it known that I attempted to do something about it. I was not familiar with the names, so they were not CT regulars and may not have even known that it would be "bad" to reset like in the MA. I got no CT regulars flying Axis requesting that they stop that I saw, and I think both sides suffered as a result of the Allies going down to less than 5 bases.

I for one think it stunk no matter which side you were on, I think I got 2 fights in about 3 hrs. I dont know what we, as the CT regular community, can do but we should have some kind of agreement to do something about it when this happens without depending on the CT Staff (this is not meant to say I think the CT Staff ignores us, just we should do something about it ourselves).

All it would take is 30-60 min of every CT regular on the side that needs the help getting bases back to a reasonable number, then we can go back to our normal slaughter.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Thursday Night
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 06:33:56 PM »
As a staffer it's kind of a delicate situation.  On one hand, speaking for myself, I don't like to see one side pinned into a corner since it detracts from what I would consider "good" gameplay.  As a player taking fields hasn't bothered me when they were "fought" for.  Ie the field capture attempted is what prompted the ensuing battle.   I do personally take issue with people rolling up the map with little or no opposition because I'm of the mind that this takes away the ability for others to enjoy the arena.  

However the flipside is I often feel it's best when myself or the other staffers don't have to step into these thing because when we do it's often at the expense of one side or the other.  I will check with the rest of the staff and see if we can come to a concensus of when is it "ok" to step in and restore (reset) the arena to level the playing field.  We have in the past, during my last setup (Guadalcanal) for example I found that someone had captured all the fleets for one side, and I decided it was in the best interest of all involved if they be restored.  

Firstly if somthing like this happens again email one of the staff members.  I didn't know the allies were down to 2 fields till late in the evening and it was near time I had to install my setup anyway so I let it go.  But we can't fix somthing we are unaware of.  I will not promise that anything will be done because right now I just don't know.  The first step is bringing it to our attention though.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Thursday Night
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 06:41:41 PM »
Setting field capture to "21 troops" doesn't sound biased. Unless one side starts with 90% of the fields and the supposed premise of the setup is the other side at least getting a foothold somewhere. Even then .... it's doable. :D

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Thursday Night
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 06:42:44 PM »
There are a few squads that like to plan a mission for thursday nights including maybe an axis squad. It would be nice in the future if thursday nights could be reserved for a little reset if needed. Not to an allied advantage but just so we dont get caught 4,000 miles behind nme lines, or get vulched trying to depart one of only three bases left on the map. Our mission normaly does not consist of closing a base. We may send up 30 planes just to hit a fuel depot or a bridge!
Thanks ;-)