Author Topic: Plane Id Below aircraft  (Read 646 times)

Offline Vipermann

• Nickel Member
Plane Id Below aircraft
« on: December 11, 2003, 10:47:21 AM »
Noticed that the plane id is below the aircraft now in the release notes. Is this going to stay this way? I noticed that flying low to the ground puts the id into the terrain and invisible. I would guess that vehicles are the same way but haven't seen any or tried it.
Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dieing

Offline mason22

• Gold Member
Plane Id Below aircraft
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2003, 11:06:32 AM »
a little dissorienting in a low furball, the icons flash in and out depending on ground cover, etc.

is it possible to have the icon visible above all objects for planes? (in other words, when it buzzes the tree tops, could the icon still be made visible ?)

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
Plane Id Below aircraft
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2003, 12:52:44 PM »
Never seen enough on line to check the effect of the ID tags on GV's

If they are buried in the terrain its going to be hell to identify friend from foe! - Has anyone checked it out fully with co-operating friends ?

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
Plane Id Below aircraft
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2003, 02:14:10 PM »
The icon for tanks is indeed underground.  If you are pretty close you can just make out a bit of color under the vehicle to give you an idea if friend or enemy (but you have to be quite close)

Perhaps they can place some sort of team marker (like they do for squad art) upon the tank skin.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Plane Id Below aircraft
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2003, 08:13:03 AM »
Just a guess here, but with the move toward TOD planes and vehicles will probably be country marked. Say Axis vs Allied. The plane and vehicle markings would be sufficient to warrant attacks.

I'm hoping we're headed to 2 sided maps and this 3rd country thing disappears in the final version.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.