Author Topic: Here kitty kitty kitty  (Read 9189 times)

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Here kitty kitty kitty
« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2003, 07:08:06 PM »
I just found that you brought it to the level of being silly thats all.

actually you'd already brought it to that level,  he just posted an equally silly coment in the hope that maybe you'd see the parallel.

btw- did you ever do any of those logic questions, like on the SAT's?
 you know the ones "fireman is to firetruck as policeman is to....?" from the ability you've shown at missing even the most obvious point, I'd guess not.

the point is-
what exactly is your criteria for a animal to be "one of gods creatures" and deserving of your respect and protection?

is it by size? bigger animals are more important? but a cow is bigger than cougar so I guess that wouldn't work.

is it by where they are on the food chain?  so ticks feed off of us do you protect them?  should you just leave it be, you went out into his territory, let him finish his meal?

is it the preditor/prey clasification.  misquitos are preditors, should they be protected?

you make continued posts about the intelegence of others, yet their seems to be no reasoning or logic at all in your thought patters, there isn't even really a pattern.

if you can't provide any sort of reasoning for your opinion it's usually a fairly good clue that it's wrong.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 07:17:22 PM by capt. apathy »

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Here kitty kitty kitty
« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2003, 07:12:19 PM »
Originally posted by capt. apathy
actually you'd already brought it to that level,  he just posted an equally silly coment in the hope that maybe you'd see the parallel.

btw- did you ever do any of those logic questions, like on the SAT's?
 you know the ones "fireman is to firetruck as policeman is to....?" from the ability you've shown at missing even the most obvious point, I'd guess not.

I'm sorry did I ask you'r opinion?
And If I did I don't really care :aok
You might ask you'r self at what level do you concider you'r
place in the world?
appearently you see It higher than those around you.

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Here kitty kitty kitty
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2003, 07:20:40 PM »
I simply see no honor In killing animals for sport!
It makes no sense to do so.
After all what does It really prove?
That we are smarter?

Maybe If you have seen as much death as I have(I am also a paramedic) you will respect ALL life animal and human.
I even feel remorse for the ragheads In Iraq we are killing.
But I would rather them die then our soldiers.

Think about It people a life Is hard to build but easy to destroy.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Here kitty kitty kitty
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2003, 02:22:06 AM »
Originally posted by mrblack
I just found that you brought it to the level of being silly thats all.

Rhetorical questions:

At what point on the spectrum of animal life does a species become silly?

Is it more humane to enslave a domestic animal for the soul purpose of murdering that animal for food, or to hunt an animal who has lived as nature and nature's God intended?

(the last question comes from my intimate knowledge of what a PETA person may say before they burn down my house because I enslave animal species myself.)
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline davidpt40

• Silver Member
Here kitty kitty kitty
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2003, 02:47:46 AM »
The more developed an animals nervous system, the more valuable it is (alive).

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Here kitty kitty kitty
« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2003, 02:50:58 AM »
According to noted Ecologist Edwin O. Wilson, ants may be more important in the grand scheme than people.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Here kitty kitty kitty
« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2003, 03:46:40 AM »
What's the grand scheme?

I feel lost ...

I'll bow to the ant gods if that's what is required of a good human though :)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Here kitty kitty kitty
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2004, 08:39:12 AM »
Mountain Lion On Loose After Fatal Attack
Woman Is Also Attacked

POSTED: 6:05 PM PST January 8, 2004
UPDATED: 6:40 PM PST January 8, 2004

ORANGE COUNTY, Calif. -- One mountain biker is dead and another critically injured after two attacks by the same mountain lion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VOTE: Do You Fear Animal Attacks?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Thursday, four mountain bikers on a trail near Lake Forest in southern Orange County came across an abandoned mountain bike.

The group became alarmed and began to search for the missing person. While they were walking down a hill, a female biker was attacked by a mountain lion on her face and neck.

Shortly afterward, some of the searchers were able to locate the missing bicyclist, who had been mauled to death.

The woman who was attacked is in critical condition at a local hospital.

As night fell, park rangers were trying to flush out the mountain lion.

Officials said that they initially were trying to capture the animal, but because it keeps it is "very, very aggressive," they are now considering it for termination.

The animal was described as a 150-pound mountain lion.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Here kitty kitty kitty
« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2004, 08:50:58 AM »
ya know, I think, if I go swimming in a lake full of alligators, I stand a good chance of being attacked by one of the more "aggressive" ones... maybe they should "flush out" those mean gators too :rolleyes:
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Here kitty kitty kitty
« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2004, 09:57:11 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Mountain Lion On Loose After Fatal Attack
Woman Is Also Attacked

POSTED: 6:05 PM PST January 8, 2004
UPDATED: 6:40 PM PST January 8, 2004

ORANGE COUNTY, Calif. -- One mountain biker is dead and another critically injured after two attacks by the same mountain lion.

VOTE: Do You Fear Animal Attacks?

On Thursday, four mountain bikers on a trail near Lake Forest in southern Orange County came across an abandoned mountain bike.

The group became alarmed and began to search for the missing person. While they were walking down a hill, a female biker was attacked by a mountain lion on her face and neck.

Shortly afterward, some of the searchers were able to locate the missing bicyclist, who had been mauled to death.

The woman who was attacked is in critical condition at a local hospital.

As night fell, park rangers were trying to flush out the mountain lion.

Officials said that they initially were trying to capture the animal, but because it keeps it is "very, very aggressive," they are now considering it for termination.

The animal was described as a 150-pound mountain lion.

The "Today Show" had an interview with 2 guys who saved the woman who was being mauled.  They said they found her with the mountain lion holding her by her face while her riding partner, another woman, held onto her legs.  The lion was trying to drag the victim into the brush while the partner was trying to drag her back into the open.  The partner was losing.  The guys picked up rocks and threw them at the lion and eventually the cat let go and ran off.  

The three cyclists then used their shirts and jackets to cover the unconscious woman's body (they said she looked like she was no longer in this world but held out hope she might recover).  Another cyclist came down the path and they used his sweatshirt to cover her face.  The woman regained consciousness and tried to stand up.  Eventually the rangers and paramedics showed up and gave her medical treatment.  Later, the officers hunted the mountain lion down, killing one.  They aren't certain yet if its the same one that attacked the bicyclists but it matches the description by the witnesses.

Pretty freaky stuff.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2004, 10:00:03 AM by gofaster »

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Here kitty kitty kitty
« Reply #115 on: January 09, 2004, 10:03:48 AM »
They just confirmed on local news that they got the offending creature. They are still unsure about the chain of events. Some are speculating that the first (fatal) victim may have fallen and injured himself and the cat came upon him. The second victim may have been "too close to the food".

This is a hilly unimproved area surrounded by millions of people. This is the second fatal attack in the area over the past 15 years or so. People go in there thinking its just another park, even though signs are everywhere warning that it is lion country.

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Here kitty kitty kitty
« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2004, 10:26:14 AM »
im liberal as hell, but if you have seen what a cougar does to a kill and recognise they simply see us a prey. and are a stelth hunter i.e. they jump you from trees and hideing so a gun often is usless.

every one i see in the wild ( i dont go in deep wild woods)

dies.

most hunter texans i know feel the same way.

they are beutiful animals but they kill men as a matter of course.

now bobcats i never shoot. bear i have had the goodfortune never to see ( because hunters killed them all here by 1935.)