Author Topic: Gunsight  (Read 605 times)

Offline Bingo

• Zinc Member
Gunsight
« on: January 30, 2004, 07:20:57 PM »
I am looking for just a plain red/black dot......... I did a search of bbs and found one however I could not get it to work,,,,,whole gunsight turned up in plane and  it was opaque....... I think I must have something wrong???  Any help in this would be appreciated!

Bingo

:( :confused:

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
Gunsight
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2004, 09:22:58 PM »
I might be wrong here, but try adjusting the "alpha"

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Gunsight
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2004, 10:33:54 PM »
I made a red dot and a black dot for you. I'll edit this message with the link as soon as I upload it.

Here ya go

http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/h/shawnlau/rdot.bmp

http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/h/shawnlau/bdot.bmp

just hit the link and right click to save as
« Last Edit: January 30, 2004, 10:45:23 PM by TweetyBird »

Offline Bingo

• Zinc Member
thankyou <<S>>
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2004, 04:23:36 AM »
Just what I was looking for,,,,,,,,is there a way to manipulate these,,,,,,,make them bigger smaller etc??

Bingo:)

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
Gunsight
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2004, 08:31:37 AM »
you can use any art program to change the gunsite. A couple of things to remember...[list=1]
  • the color count MUST stay the same (256) colors)
  • the picture size MUST remain the same
  • [/list=1]
    you can change anything you want, but before you save them and put them back into the "sites" folder those two things had to be right. If you forget and, and try to load the game with a 2 billion color site it will cause the game to do strange stuff.... crash to desk top and such.

Good luck!

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Gunsight
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2004, 08:38:35 AM »
You can edit them in any image editing program. You just have to be careful about changing the pallet. The bitmaps are indexed color, so the key is not the color, but its pallet location.

In photoshop, you can safely edit the gunsights by using the color grabber (eyedropper) tool to select the transparency color and the sight color from the bitmap. Don't chose the color from anywhere else, or you might be adding a color of a different pallet location. To change the color of the gunsight, you have to edit the color table, i.e., change the color in pallet location 1.

If you've done any image editing and are familiar with how indexed color works, its easy.

Offline Bingo

• Zinc Member
thankyou
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2004, 08:16:09 AM »
Thanks so much for the gunsites and the explanations!!

Bingo:cool: