Author Topic: WoD for SSO Frame 3 Allies  (Read 2816 times)

Offline lucull

• Nickel Member
WoD for SSO Frame 3 Allies
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2004, 11:01:56 AM »
Nah, I'm german and I speak only german, english, french and latin, but definetly not polish. Polish is a pain in the bellybutton to learn. :D
We have one other guy in the squad who is from England and doesn't speak polish too.
All others are poles and most of them speak english only a few. I would say there is only one pole in the squad who speaks better english than ramzey. :D
I'm used to ask for further explanations.

I have no problem with this. I knew them even before AH and I met most of them on my visit in Poland in summer last year and enjoyed the polish hospitality. You don't need to speak much when you eat Kabanossi and drink Vodka to have fun together. :)
You can use dictionaries or your hands and feet. :D
« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 11:04:44 AM by lucull »

Offline bikekil

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2004, 11:09:29 AM »
GD,
you should also pull Suave out of that list.
HOwever i have to admit that Suave impressed me with his knowledge of polish language many times! :)

Lucull, your english is wey better then mine, so i believe you don't have much problems with expressing your exact thoughts. It would be greately appriciated if you or anyone else help ramzey to express himself in a polite way (or at least to help him express exactly what he means). If this is's better to do it that way, then ask "you mean what you type? or maybe you mean some other thing? please explain".

Offline lucull

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2004, 11:17:37 AM »
I always try to be as clear as possible, but the list of misunderstandings is incredible long and growing.

Someone should always ask his opponent in a discussion for further explanations, if he is unsure about the meaning. Misunderstandings are inevitable in any form of discussion and are not mandatory related to language problems.

Offline bikekil

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2004, 11:47:51 AM »
yes Lucull, you are right here, however things should be started just where it starts. that's why i asked about checking things prior posting. This will possibly save a lot of misunderstandings. Then if this failed it's a good idea to ask of course.

Fact is that persn who is aware of his language skill should take the effort and take care of what he types more then presons to whom the message is addressed.

If that becomes clear that person who posted passed the message he didn't really meant to, it's a good idea to appologize for the misunderstandings. "I'm sorry" is not a hard word to use.
This is not addressed to anyone. It could be me, you, ramzey or any other person who unintentionally offended the other one.

Offline lucull

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2004, 12:18:37 PM »
To give you an impression about how difficult polish language is, download and listen this MP3 file.

It's a polish soldier making fun of a german soldier in WW2.

In case you don't understand the polish soldier's surname, it's Brzęczyszczykiewicz. :D

Offline ViFF

• Copper Member
      • http://www.101squadron.com/
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2004, 01:44:03 PM »
LOL !

I understood it hehehe

My family from my mother's side are from Poland, I'm used to hearing some Polish, but mostly Yiddish around the house.
My grandfather was an officer in the Polish Calvary, you know.. the ones that charged the Whermacht Panzers with their horses... he was one of the few who survived, and managed to escape Europe to the middle east, through Syria, then settle down in Israel where he met my grandmother (whos family was also from Poland but uprooted to Israel before WW2).

Sadly, his whole family (all of his 8 brothers and sisters, and parents)  perished in the Holocaust.