Author Topic: The Beetles.  (Read 1685 times)

Offline hyena426

• Silver Member
The Beetles.
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2004, 09:43:59 PM »
pink floyd dark side of the moon is one the best all time albums.
<~~ya still number 1 selling album of all time,,i like it alot my self

im not a big beatles fan,,but i do like a few of there tunes,,and i realise what they did for music<~~first ones to cutt holes in there speakers to try and get distortion for songs like revolution,,when they had nothing but clean tone amps to play threw,,lol<~~my fav beatles tune that everyone seems to forget about is GET BACK!! when they play that on the roof tops live,,wow that was killer for its time

im only 29,,but im old anuff to enjoy older and newer music,,and i like it all,,from the beatles too slayer,,if you dont got a good range of music,,you will never know whats good or not,lol,,lots of bands i like better than beatles ,,,lynard skynard,,ccr,,all the way up to new music,,but beatles were great to kick back and rock out in my old 8 track player with sg pepper blasting in my ears,,only 3 albums i had back then,,,sgt peppers,,ccr revival,,and nazerath hair of the dog<~~got to love now your messin with!!{son of a b##},,lol

as for the stones,,ummmm,,i think there weak and over rated!!,,but!! they also the best selling and highest paid band in the world still!! so i give it up to them,,start me up is a good tune,,and painted black

Offline yowser

• Copper Member
The Beetles.
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2004, 09:51:29 PM »
Sorry.  The fact you can't even spell the band's name disqualifies you from having any relevant opinion on them.

yowser

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
The Beetles.
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2004, 10:01:39 PM »
Originally posted by yowser
Sorry.  The fact you can't even spell the band's name disqualifies you from having any relevant opinion on them.

yowser

LOL!

but... going on that logic, HT's spelling (or lack thereof) disqualifies him from having any relevant opinion on programming? ;)
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
The Beetles.
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2004, 10:05:23 PM »
I like Revolver a lot but have grown to like the White Album more.

Even the Beatles early pop songs are pretty amazing when you listen to the chords used and the vocals/harmonies.

Some of the early songs  ( 1965 and before) that I feel are great examples of pure songwriting talent.... not much you can say bad about these:

A Hard Day's Night,  , I feel Fine, , Eight Days A Week, Help, You've Got to Hide Your Love Away, Ticket To Ride, Norwegian Wood, In My Life,  some were pop, others just plain unreal for their time.

Even at this early stage they were among the best songwriters ever seen in my opinion.  They simply got better and better and broke up after releasing probably their best yet, Abbey Road.

They did it all in about 7 years, changed music, changed culture and then went out on top. What more could any band ever hope to do?

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
The Beetles.
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2004, 10:45:21 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE
Even the Beatles early pop songs are pretty amazing when you listen to the chords used and the vocals/harmonies.

Did you know that rumour has it that John Lennon agreed to let a much younger George Harrison join the band because he knew the most chords?
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
The Beetles.
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2004, 10:48:23 PM »
Originally posted by Furball
My dad and grandad (family cleaning business) used to clean the beatles' shop in London, one day my dad was cleaning the windows on the inside, knocked a bit of "modern art" (kinda sculpture thing) off the shelf and broke it.  So my dad and grandad smuggled it back to the van, and got the glue out.  Problem being that they had no idea how it was supposed to go back together (being modern art and all).  So they randomly stuck it together, put it back on the shelf and no one noticed the difference.

Few weeks later someone brought it.

:D

I'm drunk, but I dont' understand the 'brought it' part.  Could just be the alcohol.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High