Author Topic: Warping  (Read 368 times)

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
Warping
« on: February 10, 2004, 07:38:15 PM »
How do you know if you are warpy and need to relog or if it's something else? Or is it best just to relog no matter, if you suspect it?

I've got a decent Dell desktop, usually get 80+ FPS on it running through a linksys hub that sometimes has a Dell laptop running AH through it too (when I can get my wingchick to fly with me) all plugged in through a cablemodem. My connectivity stats on AH check out pretty nicely, even though the laptop wigs out (sawtooth) every now  and then for no apparent reason (I use enditall to kill all unnecessary programs in background), XP, etc.

I very rarely get in a situation where everyones warpy, always relog then. I only ask cuz someone was griping that I was warpy the other night, but everything seemed fine and a couple of my squaddies said everything seemed okay to them and we were all winging together. Can you appear more warpy to people on another country than your own? Been losing vox quite a bit lately too. And seemed to have had a few more discos than normal.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Warping
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2004, 07:54:33 PM »
1. Your FPS has nothing to do with your connection.

2. Yep, when everyone else appears warpy, you're propably the one with the conn prob (or at least one of the ones involved). Good instincts there.

3. 90% of the "warp whining" either doesn't really involve warping or doesn't involve warping worth crying about. There's some fragile egos out there ... ironically enough .... time in game or "skill" doesn't seem to make a difference. And some people just ain't happy unless they're bltching.

I wouldn't lose sleep over it. Let the whiner do that.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Warping
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004, 08:01:53 PM »
If you think you might be warping, get someone to turn with you. You can't really tell anything with planes that are flying straight because of the smoothing code.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
Warping
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2004, 08:07:48 PM »
In the game,
Try esc/setup/Net status

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
Warping
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2004, 09:26:20 PM »
You also have a light on the dash called "Beacon."  If this light is on, you have a bad connection.  

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Warping
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2004, 10:38:13 PM »
Relogging only takes a sec, so if someone gripes, I'll usually restart AH.  I've found that with my connect if there's a problem, I generally see it in all the planes around me and I know its time to log and close Kazaa. :)
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Warping
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2004, 08:33:41 AM »
The general rule is that if you see any warping, it must be the other guy :D
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.