Author Topic: American military hires guards to protect them!  (Read 1512 times)

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
American military hires guards to protect them!
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2004, 06:21:41 PM »
miko2d: We just sent few dozens of them to guard our Haiti embassy. I am sure we could spare a couple to protect the colonel.

There is a huge difference between guarding an Embassy and protecting a VIP out in the open. To guard a compond you have to want to stay alive a soldier is no good to you dead. To protect a VIP you have to be willing to sacrafice your life for theirs. I for one would not want an detachment of any uniformed soldiers protecting me. Thats an ambush just waiting to happen.

miko2d: I bet US soldiers are good enough to be trained for whatever needs arise from real-life needs.

There is no doubt that we could be trained for such duty. But the question is why? Why would you want to train soldiers to protect VIPs. Its a total waste of money and personnel. I being a soldier dont feel the need to protect anyone except those beside me and would view such a duty as an insult and a dog and pony show.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2004, 10:32:00 PM »
A Jamusta, tell me, are you one of those unwed mothers/sluts Miko believes our military is full of, or are you just surrounded by them?

Hey GScholz, feel free to play word games, semnantics always fascinate me.

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2004, 12:42:46 PM »
There are no women in what we call line units which are your combat arms units. There are alot of women in the support units some are mothers and I tell you what single or not I give my hats off to them. They have to get up early in the morning, earlier than I had to and get their children ready drop them off at daycare and be in formation by 0530 for PT. They get off same time as I did get there kids and while Im drinking beer and goofing off they are checking homework and doing other mommy duties. They still go to the field for training right along everyone else but they have to find someone to watch their child for 30 to 45 days. So if anyone thinks they are in for a free ride they are badly misinformed. Being a single parent in the military is no joke.