Author Topic: increased static electricity?  (Read 922 times)

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
increased static electricity?
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2004, 11:27:45 AM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
If I scuff my feet on the carpet I can stun small animals.

I think my wife is just trying to kill me

Offline Gnslngr

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2004, 11:50:38 AM »
I used to get shocked everytime i got out of my car....untill i got new tires.  Its funny the elements required for static to be created.  I worked in a lab once were we had to be almost 100% ESD free.  we wore special shmocks shoe/wrist straps and the place even had a specail floor that costs somewere around a grand a foot.

I'm not sure i've noticed an increase but it is true that synthetics in clothing cause more.  It's also dependent on the relative humidity and temp. as well.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2004, 12:31:03 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Actually, YOUR compass might actually be correct for once! ;)

Well mine points toward Washington.. I hear there's a big bellybutton loadstone there.

:p

Offline jigsaw

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2004, 03:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by CyranoAH
As with most disaster movies, "The Core" was promising for the first 5 minutes. After that, it all went downhill real fast.

In my own defense, I was extremely bored and walking around a big outdoor mall when I decided it was the last option for the evening. I didn't totally lose it until she whipped out the E6B and recomputed the new "magnetic" heading. After that I just had to stay and see how deep in BS they could dig themselves. No pun intended.