Author Topic: The Gunfighters forming in the CT  (Read 472 times)

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
The Gunfighters forming in the CT
« on: March 28, 2004, 12:27:31 PM »
The Gunfighters, an old squad started in the early days of AW, is reforming in the CT. Here is our SOP from then:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gunfighters SOP

Pre-Mission Briefing Procedure

Each member of the squadron will ask "So, what's the plan?" at least twice during briefing and at least once during the actual execution of the mission. Any plan suggested first by any GF must be rejected by at least two other GF's on the grounds that they'd rather do something else. Subsequent plans will be accepted provided there is a high probability of getting the whole squad to take off from the same airfield. Correct fuel loads will be determined by asking "How much fuel for a XXX?" and taking the average of all responses. Bombs will be loaded on each mission, with the exception of bombing missions.

Cookie

Addendum:

If the CO proposes a plan, it must be rejected by everyone out of hand....if it is even listened to.

Axeman

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see we were a lose squad with no ranks, no awards, just a bunch of deadly pilots that tried to have fun, the New Gunfighters will be the same. We will try to fly together, but it is not required, you can be a lone wolf too.

Our main purpose, however, will be to switch sides in the CT as needed to even the numbers between Axis and Allied. This means a member of the Gunfightes will by definition be nearly always fighting outnumbered and you will need to be able to fly most any aircraft. We will only have a few rules in the Gunfighters:

#1 Always fight on the side with less numbers, it doesnt matter if you like to fly fighters, bombers, driving tanks, or even nothing but field/ships guns, as long as its for the outnumbered side.

#2 Dont talk trash to anyone on ch 1, not only is it childish you may be flying beside that person 10  minutes later if the numbers swing back the other way.

#3 Have fun, if you are not having fun your squadmates wont either.

Anyone who flies the CT and thinks the Gunfighters might be for them, get ahold of me in the CT or send me a note here.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2004, 05:00:27 PM by Grits »

Offline RedDg

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2004, 01:13:08 PM »
Best of luck with the new squad Grits!

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 11:51:30 AM »
I have had a few people ask about the MA, and I have one signed up there too. The MA will be secondary, I spend 90% of my time in the CT, but if you want to fly for a very loose, easygoing squad in the MA who's goal is to have fun and cause trouble we can do a bit of that too.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 11:31:13 AM »
bumpity bump