Author Topic: Why is my sound bacwords?  (Read 304 times)

Offline ridenlow

• Copper Member
      • http://www.freewebs.com/carolinabombers
Why is my sound bacwords?
« on: June 04, 2004, 04:12:49 PM »
Ok i am having a roblem with my sound card, i just boutgh this MADDOG Predator 5.1 6 channel pci sound card, and it works just fine on everything, but AH when someone is in ront of me i cant hear them till, i look back or any direction except for front view, and when someone is behind me it sounds like they are in front of me?Why is this?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 04:44:35 PM »
Talked to you online about this, but there is a chance they do not support D3D sound positioning.  I am not familiar with that brand of card, so I thought I would mention this.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline ridenlow

• Copper Member
      • http://www.freewebs.com/carolinabombers
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 04:49:05 PM »
How would i find out if it does support it?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2004, 05:19:28 PM »
The manufacturer should know.  Just ask them if they support DirectSound's 3D positioning system.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2004, 01:43:29 PM »
Ridenlow how many speakers are you running in your system?  I read up on your card and this card does not support 6 or 4-channel sound output with the use of 2-channel speakers.

If you are infact running multiple speaker setup (ie: 4 or 6 channels) it may just be your speaker selection in your audio properties.  If your getting normal surround audio though with other games then I'm not too sure whats up.  If anything try messing with your speaker selections.  That may or may not change how the sound output will be affected.  I'm running two setups currently with one being digital headphones and the other being a SBLive Audigy 2 Platinum and Creative Encore 7.1 speakers.  With either one I seem to have no problems with AH1 or 2 and sound placement.  Majority of the time thats the only thing that saves me in gvs and in planes.

Oh and your card does support Directsound 3D.