Author Topic: cheating?  (Read 443 times)

Offline SpitLead

• Copper Member
cheating?
« on: June 09, 2004, 02:26:21 PM »
I hate to bring this up but it has been really bugging me.  I have seen some maneuvers being made in the MA which seem to defy the laws of physics.   I want to just chalk it up to VERY good pilots but again these maneuvers seem to defy the laws of physics and aerodynamics.    I'm no slouch in a dogfight which makes these things even more questionable.  Cheating??? Perhaps.   I'm not going to name names so don't bother asking.  The 2 things I've seen the most are related to pilots being able to retain energy (e) far beyond belief and rational thinking.   In particular, at times I fly boom and zoom tactics and will go head to head into a merge at 300+ mph passing straight through with the nme pilot about at same altitude.  I've see Niki's and Spits be able to turn 180 degrees on a dime and stick there like glue ending up only 400-600 away or even on occasion begin to close.  How can this be?  By pulling around in ANY kind of a turn one must lose some kind of energy.  But pulling that tight of a turn on a dime to get on my 6 or closing the gap when I fly straight thru with no energy loss is to me is just not possible.  The other scenario is I'm in La7 which has superior climb performance.  Nme pilot and I are nearly at the same altitude with likely similar speed.  We both go vertical but nme pilot seems to "hang" on his prop and continue to climb well beyond that of my La7.  Pilot was in a Me109 (which also has good climb performance but it is not as good as the La7).  Cheating?  Dunno for sure.  I guess I'm gonna have to get some of this on film.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
cheating?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 02:35:57 PM »
"I hate to bring this up...."

NEWB ALERT!

oh, and

IN

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
cheating?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 02:38:44 PM »
pwn3d
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
cheating?
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 02:40:38 PM »
109 and nik will both outclimb the La7.

IN :D

Frodo

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
cheating?
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 02:40:57 PM »
Spitlead, it says you registered in 2001...where you been? You're talkin like a noob, here. I seriously doubt it was cheating, just a combination of lag, good piloting skills (on the part of your opponent), and did I mention lag?

IN

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
cheating?
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 02:44:27 PM »
As far as cheating, I doubt it.  The folks at HTC work very hard to squash any cheating detected in AH.

As far as unexplainable maneuvers, there aren't any.  What happens is that some people know how to manage their energy/speed very well.  I know what to do in the F6F to keep my speed up and how to drop it fast if needed (not because I am anyhting special, its just pretty much the only plane that I fly in AH so I know what it can and can't do).  I have had people accuse me of cheating because I catch certain planes.  What they don't see is what I did to put myself in a position to do this.  This is the same thing that other people do in the other various "dweeb" planes.  Some of the stuff may seem right out of Pearl Harbor fantasy, but once you start doing it, you will see that there is truly nothing out of the realm of possibility being done.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
cheating?
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 02:46:51 PM »
And again, if you suspect anything, or cannot understand what is happening, then film it, and watch the film from both perspectives.  If you still do not understand what happened, then email the film in to us.
We will be happy to look at it.

Coming to the bulletin board solves nothing and creates more angst.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com