Author Topic: Is anyone aiming for a section of target plane?  (Read 174 times)

Herc

Is anyone aiming for a section of target plane?
« on: October 09, 1999, 08:49:00 AM »
I find myself just aiming for the entire plane rather than a particular section like a wing or the tail.  I think the planes should be larger so that you can aim at particular parts.  I used to love sawing off a wing of a B17 or shooting the elevator off of a 38.  I havn't messed with the zoom too much, I'm usually too busy looking around.  I think it would add to the gameplay.

MG

rzch

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 1999, 01:52:00 PM »
If you can not aim at a specific portion of a plane (especially a B17) then you're shot from to far away.

While I'm not good enough to aim at specific parts of fighters yet, I can and have aimed at specific parts of B17's and C47's.

Sims that artificially make the planes appear larger than they really are have always bothered me. Granted that aspect and detail would be easier to see in the real world than on a monitor, but there are to many difficulties in making planes larger. Such as making them easier to see w/o making them easier to hit from twice the excpected distance.

Anyway thats my .02

r2ch

Herc

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 1999, 04:03:00 PM »
I experimented with the zoom and found that you can adjust it in order to see all the instruments and to still give you some zoom to help aim.  The zoom position is kept in memory so that you get the set position everytime you hit the z key.  You can adjust by hitting [ and ] keys.  It's a pretty nice feature.  I didn't know that you could adjust it at first.

MG

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 1999, 06:37:00 AM »

Cockpit for me. And 'try' is the keyword.
That way if my aim is good I will get either the cockpit, the engine, the fuselage anyway or many times a wing.
 My bogies don't stay still long enough to go
for a tail removing shot or anything fine like that  

--Westy

Offline Downtown

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.tir.com/~lkbrown1
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 1999, 07:07:00 AM »
I have been leading almost everything and they fly into the stream of bullets, that is how I have gotten 99% of my kills so far.

The times I can get the time to line up a shot have been TOO rare.

If its a 6 attack I aim for the tail.  

------------------
"I could feel the 20MM Cannon impacting behind me so I made myself small behind the pilot armor" Charlie Bond AVG

Offline lakc

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.concentric.net/~lakec
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 1999, 07:53:00 AM »
Aiming at specific parts of fighters can be a trifle hard if they aren't cooperating. I aim for the whole plane, and generally swing my tracers after getting a few hits.

------------------
Lake City
-lakc-

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 1999, 03:22:00 AM »
With the current size of the hit sparks and my current (lack of) skill in AH, I've been aiming at the whole plane rather than specific pieces like I do in WB.  I assume that'll change in the future if HTC works the hit matrix correctly, but we'll see eh?

------------------
eagl <squealing Pigs> BYA
Oink Oink To War!!!
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Surfer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 1999, 10:11:00 AM »
Cockpit and Vertical Stab for me.

Then I simply take what I can get.

<g>

-Surfer
"If you're not having fun...you're doing something wrong"